Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ] 
Kangaeru Kitsune
Post subject: Fake Tanks and Aircraft in FD ScalePosted: December 29th, 2022, 12:42 pm
Good day.

I have created this thread to document any tanks and aircraft deemed "fake" by qualified historians. You may contribute to this thread. The guidelines for posting these are as follows:
- Vehicles must have a fictional basis and must be touted as real by amateur historians.
- Vehicles determined to be nonexistent must have a red "fake" tag placed below the author credits (recommended is 5 pixels of empty space between tag and credits).
- Vehicles where it's fictious nature cannot be ascertained are to be have a yellow "assumed fake" tag in a similar aforementioned manner.
- If a vehicle included here is determined to exist, remove the tag.
Hope that helps.
- Please list the source. If the source is of your own work, state that the source is of your “own work”.

Last edited by Kangaeru Kitsune on December 29th, 2022, 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Kangaeru Kitsune
Post subject: Re: Fake Tanks and Aircraft in FD ScalePosted: December 29th, 2022, 12:57 pm
Chinese T-34/76 (Assumed fake until proven real)

[ img ]
Representation of the T-34-76 in People's Liberation Army (PLA) service.

The Type T-34 is a fictious designation for the T-34/76 in service of the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA), claimed to be among the exports the Soviet Union gave to the PLA, with only evidence of it being in Wargaming's "World of Tanks" and their chinese client company, Khongzhong; and Gaijin's "War Thunder". While it is true that the People's Republic of China (PRC) sold as many as 3000 AFVs in 1950 to 1955, neither company can provide any proof of the T-34/76 being included in these arms sales, making the T-34/76 in PLA service likely fabricated. It is assumed that the inclusion of the Chinese T-34/76 was to fill a gap in the World of Tanks' "Chinese Tech Tree", which, while having a healthy amount of historical basis, appears to be riddled with historical inaccuracies from small mistakes to pure fantasies, but is presented as historical fact. Said tank's inclusion in War Thunder's more historical lineup of "Chinese Ground Vehicles" also appears to be done for the same reasons as above.

It should be noted that there is supposed "evidence" regarding this tank. There appears to be T-34/76s in museums. Unfortunately, these tanks appear to be of modern restoration as odd parts are discovered. There is even what appears to be a T-34/76 with "saddle tanks" in a North Korean propaganda film that may be supplied by the Soviet Union via China as a intermediary, but it is not confirmed.

Source: https://tanks-encyclopedia.com/cold_war ... ake-tanks/, under Fair Use.

Last edited by Kangaeru Kitsune on December 29th, 2022, 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Kangaeru Kitsune
Post subject: Re: Fake Tanks and Aircraft in FD ScalePosted: December 29th, 2022, 2:27 pm
59-Patton (Fake)
[ img ]
Representation of the 59-Patton as it appears in Wargsming’s “World of Tanks”. The different diameters of the turret rings would create a mismatch.

The 59-Patton is a fictious name applied to a Type-59 chassis equipped with the turret of a M60 Patton, that is featured in Wargaming's "World of Tanks", probably either originating from a modeller's kitbash or inspired by a real-life Israeli tank testbed. While it is true that China was attempting to replicate the capabilities of the M60 Patton, the Type-59 with the M60 Patton turret that is likely supplied by either Vietnam or Pakistan, is a fabrication.

Source: https://tanks-encyclopedia.com/59_patton_fake_tanks, on fair use.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings”

Jump to: