Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 40 of 46  [ 456 posts ]  Go to page « 138 39 40 41 4246 »
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 20Posted: October 27th, 2023, 8:49 am
Another interesting set of additions.

The Farman F.2222 must surely qualify as one of the ugliest aircraft ever designed!

One small drawing nitpick, I think on the drawings with small windshields that the bottom should be outlined in black and not blue like all other windows - leaving the topsides dark blue is ok for me (though I'm not a massive fan of blue shades these days but that's a different topic!).

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 20Posted: October 27th, 2023, 5:48 pm
USA - Grumman F9F Panther
US Navy Units of Korean War
[ img ]

- RHKAAF / HKGFS - 皇家香港輔助空軍 / 政府飛行服務隊
- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 20Posted: October 28th, 2023, 3:25 am
Hi, Hood.

The french bombers of the era were so angular that were a pain in the eye. Very, but very ungainly aesthetically speaking.

Thanks for your comment about the glass! I had modified the windshields with a very dark gray (almost black) to avoid the double pixels and the later looks better than with the former blue frame. Cheers

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 20Posted: October 29th, 2023, 5:04 pm
Nice additions from everybody.

Nighthunter
Your FB-5 was included in this sheet for a looong time (and just in case, I've reuploaded it today). ;)
http://shipbucket.com/vehicles/6852

[Profile] [Quote]
The_Sprinklez
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 20Posted: October 29th, 2023, 5:14 pm
USA, McDonnell Douglas F-15 Eagle Units of Air Defense, Tactical Air Command (ADTAC)
Drawing removed pursuant to new guidelines prohibiting rivet detailing.

Im Schatten des Adlers - An Alternate History Timeline: http://shipbucket.com/wiki/index.php/Ca ... des_Adlers

Last edited by The_Sprinklez on October 30th, 2023, 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
MattewEx
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 20Posted: October 29th, 2023, 11:34 pm
Republic of Singapore Air Force, F-16C Block 52 Falcon
[ img ]

Worklist:
-ROKN Ships
-ROKAF/RSAF Aircrafts
-Real/Never Built Argentinean aircrafts
Complete list here: http://shipbucket.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10758

[Profile] [Quote]
rifleman2
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 20Posted: October 31st, 2023, 8:21 am
I always am amazed at what appears and what is overlooked on here. I know we all have our interests.but things like th A10 Thunderbolt has 2 pictures from way back then nothing.

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 20Posted: October 31st, 2023, 5:23 pm
eswube wrote: *
Nice additions from everybody.

Nighthunter
Your FB-5 was included in this sheet for a looong time (and just in case, I've reuploaded it today). ;)
http://shipbucket.com/vehicles/6852
Thanks brother, been a long time

[Profile] [Quote]
Bordkanone 75
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 20Posted: November 4th, 2023, 5:38 am
[ img ]
Spanish State, Hispano-Aviacion HA-1112-M1L Buchon
last of a lineage

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 20Posted: November 5th, 2023, 2:22 pm
Good morning, gentlemen.

Some Soviet interwar aircraft with radial engines. During WW2, the Soviet Union used 2 main families of radial engines: Shvetsov (derived from the American Wright Cyclone) and Tumansky (derived from the French Gnome et Rhone 14K), the former being more prevalent than the later by a good margin.

The prewar soviet doctrine for fighters was of two types of aircraft, one high performance monoplanes and another line of biplanes of excellent handling. Polikarpov I-190 was an attempt to push the performance of the biplane almost at the level of the monoplane but without lossing the handling characteristics. With more refined aerdynamics the the predecesor I-153 and a powerful 1100 hp Tumansky radial, the aircraft was able to reach almost 500 kms/h in late 1939. Unfortunatelly, the engine overheats badly, and that problem was not resolved until the crash of the prototype in 1941, and that was the end of Polikarpov´s biplane saga.
[ img ]

Tupolev ANT-31 was an early competitor of Polikarpov I-16. Ant-31 had good performance but was a tricky aircraft to fly. Initially, this model was armed with recoiless guns, but as they proved to be completelly unreliable, the former were replaced by more conventional machinge-guns. With the selection of I-16 as the standard monoplane fighter, Tupolev´s model was shelved.
[ img ]

Tairov Ta-3 was the prototype for a heavy twin engined fighter. With a good performance and excellent handling, it was a promising model. Unfortunatelly, with the begining of Barbarossa, there was a severe delay in the production with the evacuation of the Soviet war effort to the East. Worsening this, the designer Tairov was killed in an airline crash, traveling between Moscow and Kuybyshev, in December 1941. After this, the model was shelved.
[ img ]

Tupolev ANT-35 was a twin engined passanger monoplane derived from the well known SB bomber. It was very cramped inside, and despite being fast, it was decidedly inferior to the American Douglas DC-2, which had twice the passenger load, longer range with exactly the same powerplant. After less than 20 aircraft, the production was stopped.
[ img ]

After WW2, Yakovlev introduced a modern all metal aircraft a light transport to service low-volume destinations too small to justify a Lisunov Li-2. Powered by a pair of Shvetsov ASh-21 7-cylinder radial (which was a single row version of the twin row, 14-cylinder Shvetsov ASh-82), 2 prototypes were built, one civilian and the other military. Despite having good characteristics, the aircraft was not selected for production, as the Antonov An-2 biplane was thought to be more versatile.
[ img ]

Finally, a widely used little seaplane, the Shavrov Sh-2. Equiped with a low powered 5-cylinder engine, was used in the interwar, during the war and the postwar Soviet Union.
[ img ]

Cheers!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 40 of 46  [ 456 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 138 39 40 41 4246 »

Jump to: