Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 
jabba
Post subject: Squadron insigniaPosted: June 3rd, 2011, 3:01 pm
I am currently working on drawing (in FD scale) all British and Argentine aircraft involved in the Falklands Conflict of 1982.

I will be drawing one or two examples of each plane/helicopter involved with accurate paint schemes and squadron markings. I am considering doing squadron insignia to go alongside each drawing as is done in some Shipbucket-scale drawings. The best example of this, in my opinion, are KimWerners coats of arms in bezobrazovs Type 22 drawings done recently.

Would KimWerner, or anyone else be interested in working on this with me?

\/ List of drawings to to can be found below in my signature \/

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Squadron insigniaPosted: June 3rd, 2011, 6:21 pm
Jabba I have got badges for all naval air sqdns and RAF sqdns if you want them for reference PM me.

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Squadron insigniaPosted: June 3rd, 2011, 8:14 pm
Jabba I'm interested but right now a bit hanged up with USS Sacramento (she showed up to be a difficult lady :D ) and two (2) italian crest made in brass. It is some task to figure out to draw brass colour in a way that is thrustworthy.
But if you got the patience I'm in ;)

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Squadron insigniaPosted: June 3rd, 2011, 9:33 pm
That's an impressive worklist Jabba.I'm eagerly awaitng to see all that good stuff in FD scale. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
jabba
Post subject: Re: Squadron insigniaPosted: June 3rd, 2011, 10:56 pm
KimWerner wrote:
Jabba I'm interested but right now a bit hanged up with USS Sacramento (she showed up to be a difficult lady :D ) and two (2) italian crest made in brass. It is some task to figure out to draw brass colour in a way that is thrustworthy.
Not a problem mate, this is going to take me quite a while to get finished anyway, I am very busy in the 'real' world at the moment too, so no rush!!!

:D I'm going to see what exactly this will involve in the way of drawing tonight/this weekend and will pm you with any questions or news if that's Ok? :D

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Squadron insigniaPosted: June 3rd, 2011, 11:09 pm
jabba wrote:
KimWerner wrote:
Not a problem mate, this is going to take me quite a while to get finished anyway, I am very busy in the 'real' world at the moment too, so no rush!!!

:D I'm going to see what exactly this will involve in the way of drawing tonight/this weekend and will pm you with any questions or news if that's Ok? :D
:D OK ;)

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
jabba
Post subject: Re: Squadron insigniaPosted: June 3rd, 2011, 11:25 pm
KimWerner wrote:
jabba wrote:
KimWerner wrote:

:D OK ;)
Oh, I saw your Sacramento the other day, looks like its coming along really well. I particularly like the colour mix you have used for shading, the slightly 'washed out' red of the hull somehow looks better that most others. Looks more realistic that the bright red usually used I think.

Anyway, good luck with the drawing!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings”

Jump to: