Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 19 of 55  [ 549 posts ]  Go to page « 117 18 19 20 2155 »
eswube
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: March 30th, 2013, 5:01 pm
Great work!

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: March 31st, 2013, 12:05 pm
One of the most interesting threars of the forum!Well done!

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: March 31st, 2013, 3:43 pm
Having shown you the Avro 774 I couldn't resist doing the 776!

[ img ]
The basic anti-submarine and maritime patrol Avro 776 based on the de Havilland Trident airliner but powered by three Rolls-Royce Medway engines and a new bigger-span wing. Note, the source I have shows the fuselage to be essentially that of the 774 so would be completely new. In Derek Wood's project cancelled it is shown as basically a Trident fuselage (totally different window layout too) with new wings and the Medway engines. The dorsal intake is slightly different too. I think this is probably the 1961 submission and so my drawing, with the 774 fuselage would probably be the original 1960. I'm guessing at some point it was felt keeping the Trident nose would save some money!

[ img ]
The proposed Skybolt-carrier version of the Avro 776. Again Wood shows a Trident nose but I've kept the 774 fuselage and removed the glass nose. The 776 lost out to the VC-10 for the airborne patrol role because the VC-10 had greater range and payload and could carry eight Skybolts, rather than the four of 776. Interestingly, the bomb bay seems to be retained too...

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

Last edited by Hood on October 15th, 2016, 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: March 31st, 2013, 4:00 pm
Superb drawings Hood. Don't stop there my old mate draw the Trident too. 8-) I must have bought that book about 25 years ago and never thought I would see colour artwork of the drawings in it. Brilliant.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: March 31st, 2013, 6:00 pm
...and then when Skybolt was canceled, the VC-10 became just another strategic cargo lifter/tanker....

I know at one point a swing-wing supersonic Concorde replacement was proposed - and an ASW variant of that proposed as well (it would've covered a lot of ground quickly, needless to say). I'd like to see one of those.

[Profile] [Quote]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: March 31st, 2013, 6:12 pm
[ img ]

- RHKAAF / HKGFS - 皇家香港輔助空軍 / 政府飛行服務隊
- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: March 31st, 2013, 7:20 pm
Now this is THE FD thread to watch!
Awesome additions!

Not so long ago Bombhead asked if I could do VC.10, which I would be extremely glad to do (although not so fast - I want to finish several already started SB/FD projects - or at least those parts of them I've already begun to work on), including never-were variants, though help with sources (both for real-life and never-weres) would be helpful. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: March 31st, 2013, 9:34 pm
eswube look in your in box ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: April 1st, 2013, 8:36 am
klagldsf wrote:
I know at one point a swing-wing supersonic Concorde replacement was proposed - and an ASW variant of that proposed as well (it would've covered a lot of ground quickly, needless to say). I'd like to see one of those.
That would be the Hawker Siddeley HS.1101, don't worry its on my worklist! :ugeek: So is the Trident-based HS.800 MPA aircraft which lost out to the HS.801 Nimrod.

eswube, can't wait to see the VC-10, I know you'll do a cracking job!

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: April 1st, 2013, 10:59 am
@Hood
I hope that expectations won't turn out to be too high. :oops:
Anyway, it will take some time before I'll post it, since I have now too many things started (for SB/FD) and would like to finish at least some of them first. ;)

And I can't wait to see HS.800 and HS.1101. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 19 of 55  [ 549 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 117 18 19 20 2155 »

Jump to: