Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 52 of 55  [ 549 posts ]  Go to page « 150 51 52 53 54 55 »
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: Alternative Never-Were British AircraftPosted: November 17th, 2017, 4:14 am
Nice HS cargo aircraft, Hood! It is nicely and neatly drawn!

Last edited by reytuerto on November 17th, 2017, 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: Alternative Never-Were British AircraftPosted: November 17th, 2017, 4:15 am
Astonishing view! That is a really big aircraft! Well done, Sheepster!

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: Alternative Never-Were British AircraftPosted: November 17th, 2017, 4:22 am
Yeah, Sarp P.192 Queen would be the largest aicraft ever built.

[Profile] [Quote]
llamaman2
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: Alternative Never-Were British AircraftPosted: November 19th, 2017, 4:49 pm
Yowzah, the Saro Queen is a beaut! And that HS802 is a great bit of work, Hood. Makes me think about the BAC 222 Tyne-Hercules proposed to the same requirement...

Anyhoo, with aide from Kike's Trident I've been working on the Hawker Siddeley HS.134 proposal:

[ img ]

The design was basically a 757 several years before the 757 was proposed. It was a Trident mid/forward fuselage and wings with an entirely new aft fuselage and a pair of RB178 high-bypass engines under the wings. I've been fascinated by this thing ever since I saw a drawing in Project Cancelled when I was doing my dissertation, the clash of the massive engines and narrow fuselage always looked ridiculous.

Currently working on:
The October War, 27-10-1962 (apparently forever);
"Saxonverse" alt-UK;
Federation of the Channel Islands AU;
Republic of Yopur & Andaman;
some sort of overarching AU;

Regaining my sanity.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: Alternative Never-Were British AircraftPosted: November 19th, 2017, 6:14 pm
Interesting. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: Alternative Never-Were British AircraftPosted: November 20th, 2017, 8:48 am
That's an excellent HS.134. I've always been intrigued by the 134, perhaps a Trident stretch too far but a design that just might have been feasible enough to actually work. Sadly given the finances at the time it was just not possible.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
llamaman2
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: Alternative Never-Were British AircraftPosted: April 4th, 2018, 11:58 am
A couple more never-wheres, unfortunately largely devoid of surface detail since the source images weren't exactly finished with much in the way of panel lines. I've got some fictitious service versions in the pipeline with extra (speculative) detail, but for now here's the blanks.

BAe P.110:
[ img ]

Warton's twin-finned delta canard design for a Phantom/Jaguar replacement from the early 80s. After merging with the TKF90 project this would eventually evolve into the Eurofighter Typhoon, but not until many, many years later.

de Havilland DH127:
[ img ]

Naval strike aircraft with a secondary interceptor role, this was Hatfield's plan for a Buccaneer replacement. Two reheated Speys for power, she was intended to carry a semi-recessed Red Beard in the lower fuselage. Rather than using VG wings or blown flaps to reduce approach speed, the 127 would have thrust vectoring nozzles located forward of the reheat section and a pair of lift-jets in the nose. Fairly impractical really, the project never even made it to the mockup stage since the Sea Vixen replacement took priority.

*edit: just noticed a dropped clanger on the P.110, now amended

Currently working on:
"Saxonverse" alt-UK;

Regaining my sanity.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: Alternative Never-Were British AircraftPosted: April 4th, 2018, 1:39 pm
These are both really great additions, the P.110 was a nice looking fighter.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: Alternative Never-Were British AircraftPosted: April 5th, 2018, 8:04 pm
Nice, thought the DH.127 could gain esthetically if You attempt to draw more pannel lines, hatches and the like.

[Profile] [Quote]
llamaman2
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: Alternative Never-Were British AircraftPosted: April 6th, 2018, 9:44 am
eswube wrote: *
Nice, thought the DH.127 could gain esthetically if You attempt to draw more pannel lines, hatches and the like.
Unfortunately, de Havilland neglected to add anything to their brochure drawings beyond what you see. I've got some speculative versions in the pipeline with more detail that I've made up from scratch, watch this space ;)

Currently working on:
"Saxonverse" alt-UK;

Regaining my sanity.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 52 of 55  [ 549 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 150 51 52 53 54 55 »

Jump to: