Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 35 of 54  [ 536 posts ]  Go to page « 133 34 35 36 3754 »
Raxar
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: October 26th, 2012, 10:48 pm
Blackbuck wrote:
That radiator intake could be better placed than it currently is at least I think it's a radiator intake because your prop sorta indicates it has a radial?
Nope, it's inline. I borrowed the engine, cowl, and lower par from WhyMe's Latecoere 289.
Rhade wrote:
Sorry to say that Raxar ... but that's one ugly plane. :lol: Don't look like 45' design, more like some interwar prototype. And brace for this one ... tailhook! :D
I know, I like ugly planes. :lol: Design wise, I was looking at some older aircraft, primarily due to "design lag" for lack of a better term, after not designing anything for a while, and having been used to building late 30's vintage aircraft, adapting to more modern designs would be difficult and sluggish for the Cenetian aircraft industry. And tailhook.... :x sometimes I feel the need to kick myself. :lol:

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." ~Ludwig Wittgenstein

[Profile]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: October 27th, 2012, 8:52 am
Well the thing you took the cowl and that from had a top speed of 167 mph with a ~900HP engine... Hardly a worthy successor to the zero!
Towards the end of the war or that period at least you'd be looking at a standard of 1500-2000HP engined fighters at least (exceptions being things like the P-47 and some funky ass prototypes). I'd suggest looking at some of the later Ki-61 variants or even the Ki-100 if you decide a radial to be what you want!

[Profile]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: October 27th, 2012, 10:28 am
And definitely more aerodynamic engine cowling and rear part of canopy.

[Profile]
denodon
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: October 27th, 2012, 10:51 am
Judging from your requirements, I feel that something similar to the Mitsubishi J2M Raiden could easily fulfil your roles. You may not be allied with Japan anymore but as that plane first flew in 1942, some information might have been gained about it.

[ img ]

[Profile]
Raxar
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: October 27th, 2012, 7:08 pm
Blackbuck wrote:
Well the thing you took the cowl and that from had a top speed of 167 mph with a ~900HP engine... Hardly a worthy successor to the zero!
Towards the end of the war or that period at least you'd be looking at a standard of 1500-2000HP engined fighters at least (exceptions being things like the P-47 and some funky ass prototypes). I'd suggest looking at some of the later Ki-61 variants or even the Ki-100 if you decide a radial to be what you want!
Ah ok. I coulnd't find any specs on the 298 other than it's role, (accidentily switching the '8' and '9' around really messes with Google :? :lol: ) and I figured, "well, it's a torpedo bomber, so that means big engine..." If it helps, this aircraft wouldn't be using the same Hispano-Suiza powerplant, it would be using a newer V-12. (The 298's engine was designed in 1932).
@All: I'll do some work on the drawing today.

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." ~Ludwig Wittgenstein

[Profile]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: October 29th, 2012, 8:34 am
[ img ]
Technically speaking this is a never built, but it never got beyond the concept stage and I've been unable to find any sketches.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: October 29th, 2012, 10:05 am
Still if it was a concept then never build section. I'm not a great fan of French planes but this one look nice. ;)

[Profile]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: October 29th, 2012, 10:26 am
It was a concept, but there are no official sketches. I made the drawing by looking at the Saab J21R and the Supermarine Attacker.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile]
ProkhorVLG
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: November 4th, 2012, 8:43 am
[ img ]
Vepr Industries - Vepr 51 Advanced Heavy Semi-Stealth Gunship "Siberian Orca" by Prokhor Zakharov, on Flickr

Some thingy I made, click on it for full specs and all that.

[Profile]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: November 7th, 2012, 3:35 pm
[ img ]

Alaskan Protectorate send it's one of first Fantôme in special livery to San Antonio air base in Texas. There in day of establishment of Texas Air Force airshow fighter represents Alaskan Air Corp.

With dedication for Red' and his wonderful Republic of Texas! :D

EDIT: And what-if Belgium buy Fantôme:

[ img ]

EDIT: And if Belgium buy, Germans capture ... :lol:

[ img ]

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 35 of 54  [ 536 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 133 34 35 36 3754 »

Jump to: