Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 10 of 54  [ 536 posts ]  Go to page « 18 9 10 11 1254 »
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: April 9th, 2012, 9:21 pm
Challenge done!

[Profile]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: April 9th, 2012, 9:24 pm
Whoho!!! :D The roar of mighty Centaurus, power ... the UNLIMITED POWER!!! You da man Night' you da man! :D

[Profile]
gordo8000
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: April 9th, 2012, 9:53 pm
Great job on the radial!

[Profile]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: April 10th, 2012, 12:16 am
Updated crediting Rowdy, for his Centaurus from his Tempest

[Profile]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: April 10th, 2012, 12:25 am
any thoughts on the speed of it?

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: April 10th, 2012, 7:19 am
I'll take the Merlin powered one. Though the radial fairing might be simpler to produce since it's a much simpler shape.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: April 10th, 2012, 7:29 am
Simpler, easy to maintain and more reliable then Merlin. Garra will start maybe with Merlin 66 who give you about 1,720 hp, Centaurus IV ( the same as Tempest ) give you 2,520 hp. Thats a lot more power even if radial is heavier and less aerodynamic.

[Profile]
gordo8000
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: April 10th, 2012, 12:02 pm
Plus, with a radial engine and 4x 20mm cannon, it would make an excellent ground attacker for its day.

[Profile]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: April 11th, 2012, 3:13 pm
Rhade wrote:
Simpler, easy to maintain and more reliable then Merlin. Garra will start maybe with Merlin 66 who give you about 1,720 hp, Centaurus IV ( the same as Tempest ) give you 2,520 hp. Thats a lot more power even if radial is heavier and less aerodynamic.
The radial has more HP to compensate for the added weight and lack of aerodynamics. So it ends up being about the same worth as the Merlin.

[Profile]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: April 11th, 2012, 4:56 pm
Still Centaurus give you max speed 711 km/h and Merlin 66, 669 km/h. But we both have our preferences, you prefer sleek like racer car designs and I love tough heavy streaming with power machines. ;) Neverless you draw a very nice fighter, with or without radial. :D

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 10 of 54  [ 536 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 18 9 10 11 1254 »

Jump to: