Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 20 of 54  [ 536 posts ]  Go to page « 118 19 20 21 2254 »
Guillermo2312
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: June 7th, 2012, 3:48 pm
thanks indiajuliet, i will use the new ones

[Profile]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: June 11th, 2012, 11:37 pm
Here is something I found while looking for stuff on Hawk 75s, a P-40 floatplane, now these never exhisted, and the original idea was done up on the What-if Aircraft forum, the original artist used a far larger design and use stuff from the Seahawk, I used parts from WhyMe's Seamew.

[ img ]

[Profile]
indiajuliet
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: June 12th, 2012, 5:35 pm
nighthunter wrote:
Here is something I found while looking for stuff on Hawk 75s, a P-40 floatplane, now these never exhisted, and the original idea was done up on the What-if Aircraft forum, the original artist used a far larger design and use stuff from the Seahawk, I used parts from WhyMe's Seamew.

[ img ]
Looks great, Nighthunter. Would the aircraft be ship based and catapult launched? Do you know how different the performance of the aircraft would be compared to the conventional land based aircraft, due to the modifications?

[Profile]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: June 12th, 2012, 6:20 pm
This looks cute. Along with Grumman, I love the Curtiss designs :)

[Profile]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: June 12th, 2012, 6:51 pm
@ indiajuliet: Well the design from "What-if" stated they would be used like the "Hurricats", ship launched, I would suspect that performence would suffer slightly due to the added extra weight of the floats to a point, but they would mostly be used to intercept bombers, like the Condor or Betty, not dogfight with fighters. Although it may have performed well in a Dogfight against the "Rufe", depending on the pilot. I was kinda remiss in using my AU P-40 for the design when I should have used the unmarked P-40, because the Sqn for my AU P-40's were land based and I forgot to change the Sqn Code. XD

@ PB: Thanks Bill!

[Profile]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: June 12th, 2012, 8:31 pm
Looks very good. Interestingly Grumman did actually build a Wildcat seaplane fighter.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: June 13th, 2012, 11:38 am
Regards performance, based on the floatplane version of the Zero, I'd deduct around 20% as a rule of thumb.

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: June 13th, 2012, 9:08 pm
Updated P-46!

[ img ]

[Profile]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: June 14th, 2012, 12:52 am
And now for a turboprop done my way, Symetrical exhaust!

[ img ]

[Profile]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: June 14th, 2012, 8:59 am
Wonderful! All we need now is a similarly modified three/four seater Skyraider at some point. (None of this Skyshark nonsense).

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 20 of 54  [ 536 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 118 19 20 21 2254 »

Jump to: