Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 12 of 54  [ 536 posts ]  Go to page « 110 11 12 13 1454 »
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: April 18th, 2012, 6:22 am
Sorry about the crediting, just wanted to get the damn thing posted.

Most of it done by Kilomuse, Darth Panda, Demon Lord Rasgriz, and myself

Oh, and before I forget, CAI (Commonwealth Aircraft(Aerospace after 1986) Industries) Jaguar FGRs

[Profile]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: April 18th, 2012, 7:35 am
Looks really fine! My advice is to make the nose of the FGR.3 that of the late model Harriers, and carry AMRAAM if that's really desired.

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: April 18th, 2012, 8:43 am
Well considering this and the fact that the Jaguar was offered with Agave it makes perfect sense that Blue Fox and Blue Vixen would be options for the Jaguar. Up-rated Adours or even Honywell F124/F125s would be a nice option for an MLU. Maybe 2-4 AMRAAMs on LAU-115/127s and 2-4 Sidewinders / ASRAAMs depending on how much those inboard hardpoints can actually carry would be a nice little interceptor.

[Profile]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: April 18th, 2012, 9:31 am
Edited to show suggested modifications, thanks guys!

[Profile]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: April 18th, 2012, 3:01 pm
Blackbuck wrote:
Honeywell F124/F125s
No offense but Good God No. Uprated Adours or hell even non-upgraded (at least late mark) Adours wouldn't be as fuel efficient but in the long run probably better. And reliability wouldn't be a concern because the Adour is one of the most bullet-proof gas turbines ever built. The F124 isn't a bad engine when you forget to put an afterburner on it and mount it on a bizjet (I've been around more than a handful of the civvie versions) but I'm not convinced it's a combat engine.

[Profile]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: April 18th, 2012, 8:20 pm
Well they (F124/125) were apparently good enough for the Italians and Taiwanese to put into a combat aircraft. I agree that the Adour is a built like a tank (hence it's longevity) I'm just ballparking some ideas. Also the fact that it has already been trial flown in the Jaguar by the Indians after they turned down a newer version of the Adour makes me think it's not that bad of a choice.

[Profile]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: April 23rd, 2012, 11:35 am
[ img ]

Messing around with things for my new AU scenario based around the Netherlands and the current Jaguar mania I was wondering what a contemporary Jaguar in RNLAF service could look like (before it's retirement and replacement by Griffins or other light-weight fighters). The radome is a slightly re-contoured port of Jabba's Sea Harrier radome housing Blue Fox (I'd imagine at some point replaced possibly with Blue Vixen permitting the use of SARH/ARH AAMs to be employed making them more multi-role and hopefully justifying their keep at least until their replacements are ready. They'd have received Honeywell F-125s in place of their RR Adours to try to offset the extr weight they have gained in recent years with survivability upgrades. From the outset they'd have been equipped with BK-27s in place of the ADENs/DEFAs of other Jaguars to provide commonality with the Tornado fleet then in service.
The aircraft illustrated is in more of a test scheme than anything else (Ocean Grey and Medium Sea Grey surfaces - National insignia is still being thought about). The NY tail-code identifies it as an aircraft operating from Carpiquet in Normandy. The number under the cockpit represents the aircraft number within the squadron and the marking under the tail codes are the actual registrations. Ordnance wise it's shown with two INS/GPS 250kg bombs on the centreline, two 1200L tanks, two MBDA Labys WVRAAMs and two 6rd 100mm rocket pods.

[Profile]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: April 23rd, 2012, 2:52 pm
:cry:

Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: April 23rd, 2012, 9:08 pm
I take it you disapprove then?

[Profile]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: April 23rd, 2012, 11:18 pm
Would the MBDA Laby happen to be inspired by the Python 4/5 and like the design

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 12 of 54  [ 536 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 110 11 12 13 1454 »

Jump to: