Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 1 of 54  [ 536 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 554 »
nighthunter
Post subject: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: November 8th, 2011, 7:38 pm
Post them here.

[Profile]
Chris Roach
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: November 9th, 2011, 1:14 pm
Okay, before I buggered off to Vanuatu for a holiday I was drawing the Martin-Baker MB2 Fighter (real design, one prototype, monoplane with fixed landing gear -a version with retractable landing gear was planned but never built- powered by a 1000hp Napier Dagger) and started wondering what if Martin-Baker decided to play to the aircraft's selling point (simple construction allowing use of semi-skilled labour and non-aviation engineering firms, something of an emergency fighter in other words) but moved onto an engine which wasn't so horribly complex and right at the end of it's development spiral...

[ img ]

Doubt it'd have the developmental potential of the Spit or Hurricane, but as an emergency design for home use and a simple enough airframe to farm out to be produced in the dominions, well, could be useful.

Edit: Currently too lazy to bung marking on it... besides, I think details of the wings are a bit out of whack, so revision will be needed.

[Profile]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: November 10th, 2011, 9:18 pm
A very interesting idea and certainly one that could have taken off had it been around when the need was the greatest for fighters. Even so that shortage was probably too short lived to warrant setting up lines for a new fighter. Looks pretty neat though, although the fin on the early Bakers always look too small to me.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: November 11th, 2011, 4:20 am
I could potentially see the RAAF going for a design like this, certainly a more capable creature than their Wirraway. The problem there, of course, is engine production. I think the Wasp (forget the exact version) was the only engine on hand at the time for production, which I think vastly influenced things. Certainly if the ball had gotten rolling earlier, I can see the RAAF adopting it.

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile]
Satirius
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: November 12th, 2011, 1:47 am
For Statesmanship.

[ img ]

I feel sorry for you, I agree you must have such terrible life, and no girl give you attention, The boys leaved because they were not having a safe feeling when beeing with you. Police never found you. Docters did suidice, because they where impressed you was not killed by birth :)

[Profile]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: November 12th, 2011, 7:23 am
[ img ]

A modernization of the ZSU-57-2 I did for Neustaat. To keep costs down, it uses as many ZSU-23-4 components as possible.

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile]
Satirius
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: November 12th, 2011, 9:03 pm
For Statesmanship, again.

[ img ]

I feel sorry for you, I agree you must have such terrible life, and no girl give you attention, The boys leaved because they were not having a safe feeling when beeing with you. Police never found you. Docters did suidice, because they where impressed you was not killed by birth :)

[Profile]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: November 13th, 2011, 2:19 am
Hey, look what just showed up! Flakpanzer, meet Spontoon! *LOL*

(Sorry, couldn't resist, but looks like a good early attack helo)

[Profile]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: November 13th, 2011, 9:52 pm
Meet thy doom! Introducing the Hunter SPAAG and the rest of the DC Army's Armored Fighting Vehicles:

[Profile]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: November 13th, 2011, 10:03 pm
Centurion meets M48/M60?

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 1 of 54  [ 536 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 554 »

Jump to: