Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 45 of 54  [ 536 posts ]  Go to page « 143 44 45 46 4754 »
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: December 15th, 2012, 7:58 pm
Hood wrote:
Nighthunter, that RNZAF Hawk 200 is amazing, such a fighter could have easily replaced their A-4s in the late 1990s and would of had enough multi-role capability with Sidewinder and Sea Eagle etc to provide defence for those islands. I think its a pity more nations never brought them, instead they all jumped onto the complex supersonic all-singing and dancing bandwagon that is the F-16 and now the F-35. Think how many Hawks you could buy for the price of an F-35...
I think what did the Hawk 200 in was a combination of that (or mainly, cheap used F-16s pulled from the boneyard) and the large number of multi-mission trainers - including the Hawk itself. They could do combat missions but also double as the training fleet, so you cut your total fleet in half essentially.

[Profile]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: December 15th, 2012, 8:53 pm
Portsmouth Bill wrote:
I totally agree with Hood; do an initial Hawk purchase to replace the Strikemaster, then get a single squadron of Hawk 200's up and running,thereby salvaging some capability in the combat role

And of course, another great drawing from DP
Bill, I drew the Hawk 200, LOL.

[Profile]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: December 16th, 2012, 10:28 am
Oops :oops: Mea Culpa. But re the RNZAF, and no possible threat to NZ....um? I wish I could be so sanguine; what with the Pacific shaping up to being one of the areas of confrontation between the current superpower and the new kid on the block. If I was a Kiwi (god forbid :P ) I'd feel more secure with some of these babes with a Harpoon slung beneath
:twisted:

[Profile]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: December 16th, 2012, 1:15 pm
Portsmouth Bill wrote:
Oops :oops: Mea Culpa. But re the RNZAF, and no possible threat to NZ....um? I wish I could be so sanguine; what with the Pacific shaping up to being one of the areas of confrontation between the current superpower and the new kid on the block. If I was a Kiwi (god forbid :P ) I'd feel more secure with some of these babes with a Harpoon slung beneath
:twisted:
That's what the P-3K2s are for. The fact is New Zealand doesn't have a rational need for an air force other than a transport force for their army and a patrol force.

Edit: That said, I could see them buying P-8s, C-17s, and maybe a few of KC-767s.

[Profile]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: December 16th, 2012, 3:54 pm
Well ok, the RNZAF doesn't have a need for such fighters... but it looks cool, who knows, maybe nighthunter will do other exports to needy nations.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: December 16th, 2012, 6:51 pm
Nah, forget about the Orion's, we need real fighters, with Tom Cruise at the controls...um?....come to think of it the Hawk 200 seems tailor made for him :lol:

[Profile]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: December 16th, 2012, 7:43 pm
:lol: :lol: And he wouldn't have to worry about killing poor old Goose either.Excellent drawing Nighthunter.

[Profile]
indiajuliet
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: December 16th, 2012, 8:06 pm
Great drawing, Nighthunter. I was also surprised to hear that New Zealand effectively has no combat aircraft. Maybe the Hawk is a realistic proposal for them in the future?

Is there any chance of you please drawing the Hawk 128 (T.2 in RAF service)?

[Profile]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: December 17th, 2012, 3:42 pm
Glorfindel has already drawn the Hawk trainer, some time ago, I think a T.Mk.1.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: December 17th, 2012, 6:06 pm
Quote:
And he wouldn't have to worry about killing poor old Goose either.Excellent drawing Nighthunter.
O.M.G. :shock: I just realised: Tom Cruise - New Zealand - Hawk 200 - Hobbits :o

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 45 of 54  [ 536 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 143 44 45 46 4754 »

Jump to: