Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 39 of 54  [ 536 posts ]  Go to page « 137 38 39 40 4154 »
Thiel
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: November 15th, 2012, 10:05 am
How abaout doing them in RN FAA scheme?

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: November 15th, 2012, 2:47 pm
Thanks, that looks much better!

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: November 15th, 2012, 7:27 pm
Hey you all have the template, you can do it too, lol.

Hood, anytime, after looking at it, I saw, that without a doubt, you were correct on the length of the nose.

[Profile]
SrGopher
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: November 19th, 2012, 9:33 pm
Oddly enough, I was actually playing around with the idea of a Corsair's gull wings and engine mixed with a P-40's airframe for my AU! I have to admit, this, as well as the F5C, are perhaps the best AU aircraft that I've come across!

[Profile]
Raxar
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: November 19th, 2012, 10:30 pm
Updated Y-4 with torsion-bar suspension, and bumped timeframe 2 years.
Also, here's the YL-6 Light tank, introduced 1935 with a 35mm gun.
[ img ]
The YL-6 was one of the most successful light tanks built by Cenet, even serving on alongside it's replacement, the YL-7. First introduced int 1935, the YL-6 was used extensively in conjunction with the Japanese Type 95 Ha-Go in China and throughout the Pacific. Nicknamed "The Beetle" by her 3 man crews, the YL-6 was slightly tempermental at times but could handle almost all terrain, albeit somewhat slowly.

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." ~Ludwig Wittgenstein

[Profile]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: November 21st, 2012, 9:25 am
Just for a bit of fun, an Australian COIN aircraft based around the de Havilland Hornet:

[ img ]

[Profile]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: November 21st, 2012, 4:21 pm
Nice camo sport, but COIN? maybe not? as the type was quite powerful; but what a sexy beast :P

Could we be seeing a RAN version?

[Profile]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: November 21st, 2012, 5:00 pm
Portsmouth Bill wrote:
Nice camo sport, but COIN? maybe not? as the type was quite powerful; but what a sexy beast :P

Could we be seeing a RAN version?
Weren't they used that way during the Malaysia crisis?

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: November 21st, 2012, 7:00 pm
I'm being pendantic ;) Taking the meaning of COIN to define purpose built or less sophisticated aircraft; but sure, you have the right of it - that such types were used in the post WWII colonial wars, the U.S. types being mostly used. In many ways the piston engined types served better in ground attack, and (as we all know) the Mustang became a new build eventually as the Cavalier version with turboprop....Um? 8-) Maybe a similar development here?

[Profile]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: November 22nd, 2012, 7:40 am
Yeah that's what I was thinking - I got the idea after reading about their use in Malaya - a more recent remake aimed at COIN or light ground attack in less than favourable conditions (but I stayed with the pistons because I like the look of them).

Anyway, a RAN Sea Hornet from the late 1950's:
[ img ]

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 39 of 54  [ 536 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 137 38 39 40 4154 »

Jump to: