Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 48 of 97  [ 968 posts ]  Go to page « 146 47 48 49 5097 »
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: March 12th, 2017, 11:33 pm
Good to see it.
One nit-pick - I guess it would be better if the now-grey lines that separate wings from fuselage, horizontal stabilizer from fuselage and engine nacelles from wings were black - they are generally very sharp contours that clearly separate surfaces.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: March 13th, 2017, 12:37 pm
Another very nice and interesting addition, would have been interesting to see how the S.32 may have faired had WW2 not intervened.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Sheepster
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: March 14th, 2017, 4:25 am
Fairey FC1

[ img ]

Britain's other pressurised airliner killed by WWII.
Not quite a mini-Constellation, more a British-Excalibur, the pressurised Fairey FC1 existed as a full size mockup, but the project was terminated in October 1939. Fairey unsuccessfully attempted to restart work on the project in 1945.
Small scale models had a different window arrangement, with extra small overhead windows in the main cabin, and no eyebrow windows for the cockpit, and these features may relate to the attempted 1945 redux. I have chosen the window arrangement of the full scale mockup, as they are more likely the locked-in features of the aircraft if it had enterd the planned production.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: March 14th, 2017, 8:55 am
Again, a very interesting addition.
It's interesting to compare the S.32 and FC.1 with what the Americans had on the drawing board at the time, though I suspect Britain was closer to what the European companies of the time had planned.

I think the FC.1 was probably ambitious for Fairey, especially since they hadn't built a civil airliner before, nor even anything this large. Shorts at least had some track record (albeit flying boats) when they embarked on the S.32.

Super-Darings

[Profile] [Quote]
llamaman2
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: March 14th, 2017, 12:31 pm
Interesting. I've had an alternate WWII scenario ticking away in my mind for ages, and this might just fit in. Research time!

Currently working on:
The October War, 27-10-1962 (apparently forever);
"Saxonverse" alt-UK;
Federation of the Channel Islands AU;
Republic of Yopur & Andaman;
some sort of overarching AU;

Regaining my sanity.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: March 14th, 2017, 10:18 pm
Interesting.

Btw. we have a thread dedicated to British never-weres (of course there's no obligation to post there). ;)
http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... =27&t=1510

[Profile] [Quote]
Sheepster
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: March 15th, 2017, 8:27 pm
That thread's intro states:
"The only aircraft to go here are British aircraft that either never flew or were cancelled between 1950 and 1975." - so not applicable to the 30's and 40's.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: March 15th, 2017, 8:40 pm
@Sheepster
That intro mention of '1950 and 1975' no longer applies. In fact it ceased to apply already back in 2011 (or in other words, on page 9 of the thread). ;)
If You check its contents You'll find lots of aircraft from different periods.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: March 16th, 2017, 1:32 pm
As the originator of that thread I go on the record here of saying that ALL British aircraft that either never flew or were cancelled are welcome in that thread.
Even foreign types considered or evaluated for RAF or Fleet Air Arm use that were never actually acquired are also welcome, though they would need to have a suitable paint scheme to apply.

Super-Darings

[Profile] [Quote]
Wikipedia & Universe
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: March 24th, 2017, 1:20 am
While working on putting the finishing touches on the Airbus A350-900 and -1000 with BB1987, the idea came up of doing the A350-800. While it's never left the drawing board and has customers backing out left and right, Airbus seems insistent on keeping the project technically active, and it looks like Asiana is still holding on for dear life. Nevertheless, it looks set to go the way of the 787-3, so I feel it's safe to post it here, barring a dramatic change in the project's fortunes.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 48 of 97  [ 968 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 146 47 48 49 5097 »

Jump to: