Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 71 of 97  [ 968 posts ]  Go to page « 169 70 71 72 7397 »
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: August 19th, 2018, 8:17 am
Very nice additions! I wasn't aware about these designs before. :)

Just one thing - these drawing IMHO could be improved a bit by clearing some excessive double black lines/pixels:

[ img ]

And it would be better if for the St. Andrew's cross on the tail You used very dark grey instead of actual black that's also used for the contours.

[Profile] [Quote]
Yqueleden
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: August 19th, 2018, 1:49 pm
The double-line thing isn't easy on small planes, but then I'll modify it. Thanks for the advice.

[Profile] [Quote]
Yqueleden
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: August 19th, 2018, 1:59 pm
odysseus1980 wrote: *
Nice to see another little known aircraft.

Could you post a link for the HA-56, please?
There is very little information about Hispano Aviación's projects on the web and almost all in Spanish. The drawings are from the book "Hispano Suiza 1904-1972" by Manuel Lage, although they can be found in Secret project forum.

Greetings

[Profile] [Quote]
Imperialist
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: August 21st, 2018, 11:06 am
France-AMX Chasseur de Chars (CDC)
[ img ]

Germany AU Thread
Luft '46 Thread

List of Aircraft with Acquired Data (Updated)
http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... 80#p123956

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: August 24th, 2018, 9:20 pm
Nice, but I don't like the double-black-line-areas, esp. in the rear/engine area. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
ABetterName
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: August 25th, 2018, 11:48 am
It seems to me like there's no precedent set for what is "too much" or "avoidable" when it comes to double black lines, given AFAIK there was no complaints about the MBT70?

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: August 25th, 2018, 12:16 pm
@ABetterName
Well, that matter is inherently a something to debate and, given the constraints of scale and style, there could be no "100% one and only true and proper way", but IMHO htere could be certain "tendencies".

In regards to the drawing in question - the green arrow points to place where double-black line is perfectly acceptable to me as is seems to be unavoidable and there seems to be no good alternative to it; the orange ones point to two places where I think it could be avoided, but I wouldn't make a big deal out of it, and the red ones point to places which I really don't like.
[ img ]

For example, it seems to me that the 'thing' immediately aft of the turret is something like cover over the engine that extends over the hull - and to me it would look better if it was done with two parallel black lines with grey (color) line between them, instead of that mix. Same situation at the very back of the vehicle.
My rationale is that what we're doing are not, strictly speaking, technical plans, but representations of various vehicles made using certain conventions, which occasionaly deliberately introduce certain inaccuracies in the interest of clarity and "clean-ness" of the drawing.
Obvious example of that - in SB scale - is the rule that makes all catwalks, stairways and the like are shown in 3-pixel format (contour-color-contour).

P.S. Yeah, I agree, it wouldn't be bad if there were several few more black pixels on MBT-70's tracks.

P.P.S. Earlier on this page I expressed similar concerns about double-black lines on Yqueleden's drawings. Here's a small sample I understand the idea of "clarity" and "clean-ness" comparing the original drawing (top) and "how it can be done otherwise in my humble opinion" (bottom). ;)

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
ABetterName
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: August 25th, 2018, 12:51 pm
I think the engine deck has rather a few details which could be drawn better, including those vents.

[ img ]

Having looked at it closer now, I do agree that the double black lines around the back are avoidable and rather ugly.

[Profile] [Quote]
Imperialist
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: September 4th, 2018, 3:29 am
USA-P-38E Lightning Assault Fighter
[ img ]
Armed with an automatic 75mm T-9 Cannon + 2 0.50 MG's

USA-P-38E Lightning Seaplane
[ img ]

USA-P-38E Lightning (Elongated Fuselage)
[ img ]

Germany AU Thread
Luft '46 Thread

List of Aircraft with Acquired Data (Updated)
http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... 80#p123956

[Profile] [Quote]
Kaiser
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: September 6th, 2018, 10:40 am
More Spanish planes, this time a regional airliner, the CASA 3000.

[ img ]
CASA 3000 with the livery that appeared on the concept arts by CASA and a blank livery.

I already posted it in the "begginers only" subforum, but I guess it is ok to have it here too. More info on the CASA 3000 here http://shipbucket.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=8694

Edit:

User Toxic Loki made a significantly improved version of my drawing and I decided to repaint it with the concept art livery:
[ img ]

Last edited by Kaiser on September 10th, 2018, 11:09 am, edited 5 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 71 of 97  [ 968 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 169 70 71 72 7397 »

Jump to: