Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 9  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 79 »
heuhen
Post subject: Re: das fox mods (mostly fd scale)Posted: February 24th, 2012, 8:42 pm
Yes this forum is fore design but design that CAN work...

[Profile] [Quote]
foxnews4u
Post subject: Re: das fox mods (mostly fd scale)Posted: February 24th, 2012, 8:44 pm
has anyone run an engineering simulation... and PROVEN that it won't work? proof give me that. everything can sound good on paper... but it is garbage without proof. so..... drop it.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: das fox mods (mostly fd scale)Posted: February 24th, 2012, 8:48 pm
Engineering simulation of ... city bus on 4 threads with tank turrent ? Are you freaking kidding me?

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: das fox mods (mostly fd scale)Posted: February 24th, 2012, 9:18 pm
Since I have study the Skjold class. And I have/had access to some documents you will never get hand on, only if you have are a high ranking officer in the Royal Norwegian Navy, and a have one next to me.

1. All calculation says this hull can only withstand as she is build. Original she was designed to have a 56mm Bofors, but when the got those 76mm OTO Melara they desided to use it on Skjold class to, but to get that to work they had to redesign the entire hull to be able to carry that wight.
2. Skjold class is build in a combination of GRP, carbon fiber and composite. the only metal you find in this ships is in the guns, engine room. every bolts in the boat is made in plastic.
3. Skjold class and its hull is designed for speed and safekeeping not as a truck!
4. Are you an ship engineer. I am one that are getting closer and closer to be one (If I do the math correct!)! I wonder how many ship engineer we have in Shipbucket.

Oh a fun fact. we had a small study on SES-hull in the class last year at my school.

[Profile] [Quote]
Raxar
Post subject: Re: das fox mods (mostly fd scale)Posted: February 24th, 2012, 9:54 pm
foxnews4u wrote:
has anyone run an engineering simulation... and PROVEN that it won't work? proof give me that. everything can sound good on paper... but it is garbage without proof. so..... drop it.
Here is proof:
No matter where the center of gravity is on that thing, it will sink.
[ img ]
If it's anywhere above the line on the left, it will go down bow first, if it is anywhere above the line on the right, it will go down stern first. Simple.

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." ~Ludwig Wittgenstein

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: das fox mods (mostly fd scale)Posted: February 24th, 2012, 10:10 pm
heuhen wrote:
I wonder how many ship engineer we have in Shipbucket.
Well in general engineering we've got;One guy with a PhD, one guy with a masters, one with at least a BS (I'm not 100% sure what he has exactly), and a whole host of us (a good 4+) that are working on their BS degrees. We've also got people with real world experience and training.
foxnews4u wrote:
Actually, can you show me any calculations that you've done that show it does work?

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: das fox mods (mostly fd scale)Posted: February 25th, 2012, 12:42 am
TimothyC wrote:
heuhen wrote:
I wonder how many ship engineer we have in Shipbucket.
Well in general engineering we've got;One guy with a PhD, one guy with a masters, one with at least a BS (I'm not 100% sure what he has exactly), and a whole host of us (a good 4+) that are working on their BS degrees. We've also got people with real world experience and training.
You forgot an aerospace engineering dropout ;)

foxnews4u:

I'm not gonna tell you what works or not; if I'm willing to overlook a bus with Mattrax and a Centurion turret I'm willing to overlook a lot of things. But if I were a mod, I'd be highly tempted to kick this whole thread over to the non-Shipbucket or even Beginner's Drawings forum where most of the truly silly stuff tends to get pushed off too.
foxnews4u wrote:
...yeah, because that's exactly how the concept of "burden of proof" works....

(and just in case the sarcasm didn't come through, no, that's not it at all)

Last edited by klagldsf on February 25th, 2012, 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
foxnews4u
Post subject: Re: das fox mods (mostly fd scale)Posted: February 25th, 2012, 12:46 am
Alright. Hey... Just leave it alone, please. I can't say I won't ask again. Keep pushing if you will. I'm done with this topic. I'll post my stuff. You can look at it.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: das fox mods (mostly fd scale)Posted: February 25th, 2012, 1:05 am
Then stop post stupid things. This is not a Donald Duck forum!

[Profile] [Quote]
foxnews4u
Post subject: Re: das fox mods (mostly fd scale)Posted: February 25th, 2012, 1:08 am
Technically this is a thread populated my posts. I'm not going to move em' yet sooo... I'll post em' here... And I don't belive calling them stupid is helpful.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 9  [ 85 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 13 4 5 6 79 »

Jump to: