Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 7 of 9  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page « 15 6 7 8 9 »
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: das fox mods (mostly fd scale)Posted: February 25th, 2012, 6:00 am
Rodondo wrote:
Fox, the people on this forum have been drawing ships for many years, some do it for a living some just for fun.
Well, I know Shipbucket exists strictly as a hobby. I've incorporated some of my own drawings for illustrative purposes for some projects I'm doing but that's the most I can think of anybody "drawing for profit." But like Timothy pointed out many people apply the knowledge and expertise they have from their careers or professional education into the technical accuracy of their drawings.

Anyway that's off-topic; now that Nighthunter's posted as a moderator I'm going to see if I can say something before he or another mod feels it more necessary to enact harsher warnings or close the thread.

As far as I'm concerned (and I find it hard to believe that I'm alone on this) the most egregious thing you're doing, foxnews4u, is not how impractical your designs are, but the fact that all of your drawings are just modifications of drawings of other people (and not even extensive modifications, when you get down to it). From the viewpoint of people here on Shipbucket, this is seen as extremely disrespectful; even when done in good taste it is treated with reservation from some members. The quality and impracticality of your drawings only compounds these feelings, particularly amongst members who might be willing to let such "kitbashing" slide if the end-product was acceptable.

That said, I'm not entirely against such silly, "imaginative" drawing (note that I didn't say "kitbashing"). The thing is (and this is what I was trying to imply in my previous post) is that it's getting to the point where the chaff is starting to bury the grain - at one point it was very problematic finding drawings of real vehicles apart from the more silly ones (and even the more realistic but still fictional ones). Now, why is this a problem? Because a few months ago Gollevanien - the guy who effectively owns this board - asked me to organize this board, and it quickly became a massive pet peeve of mine.

We at least try to keep the FD-scale forum, and Shipbucket in general, reserved for drawings of real things or at least drawings that look plausible. It's why we have the Beginner's forum now. Anyway, I'm not a moderator so I'm going to make a request: in addition to keeping things in one thread (which I'm grateful that you've done, except now it's in turn been cluttered with comments - and I'm giving you a fair shake in that you're only half-responsible for it, though the comments from others are still fair too), I'd like for you to consider posting in the Non-Shipbucket forum or even in the Beginner's forum. With the former at least, you can get away with more of the "silly" aspects.

Once you start trying to pass things off as realistic or plausible though, all bets are off.

[Profile] [Quote]
Satirius
Post subject: Re: das fox mods (mostly fd scale)Posted: February 25th, 2012, 11:53 am
this is such an :ns: thread

I feel sorry for you, I agree you must have such terrible life, and no girl give you attention, The boys leaved because they were not having a safe feeling when beeing with you. Police never found you. Docters did suidice, because they where impressed you was not killed by birth :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: das fox mods (mostly fd scale)Posted: February 25th, 2012, 1:19 pm
Mix up kids with silly ideas and our smart-ass peunut gallery and it cannot end into nothing but tears.

In the end the sole persons to allow to say someone "you cannot do that" in this board is the staff and only reasons us to do it is when someone breaks the forum rules. Forum rules are not the same as the shipbucket's and FD scale's stylistic rules.

Also

No matter what utter crap the kids fills our forum when they have holidaybreaks from schools or whatever the reason they keep swarming us, it is not going to endanger SB, nor its going to "ruin" it or "drag it down." Leave the quality controll to me when I do my uploadings. Shipbucket's idea has always included a rather juvenile approach of kitbashing shipdrawings in a "legobrick" type of approach. This is not its sole purpose nor anyways the main purpose but its still an aspect of this style that it cannot be avoided. If someone doesen't follow these rules, we have our NON-SB scale forum for other drawing styles.

Also

When someone posts something that due a limited knowledge (or pure ignorant) of shipbuilding defies the sense of reasoning , there is an option to just ignore it. Utter crap will always sink down to the bottom of the drain, and with lesser attention it will sink faster. Now, Im not going to ban anyone comment on such stuff either, but I do strongly suggest anyone from now onwards avoid "you cannot drawn that..." approach and choose, "why won't you try to draw it this way..." instead. Saves up a lot of hazle.

Anways.

Like I said in the begining, NO ONE EXCEPT THE STAFF WILL SAY: "YOU CANNOT POST THIS OR THAT IN MY THREAD"

[Profile] [Quote]
foxnews4u
Post subject: Re: das fox mods (mostly fd scale)Posted: February 25th, 2012, 3:39 pm
Interesting.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: das fox mods (mostly fd scale)Posted: February 25th, 2012, 5:03 pm
Sigh....no, its not you as a person, how could it be? But the nonsense you continue to post :(

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: das fox mods (mostly fd scale)Posted: February 25th, 2012, 8:08 pm
Satirius wrote:
this is such an :ns: thread
...I didn't want to say it, but since you did...yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking too.
Gollevainen wrote:
Mix up kids with silly ideas and our smart-ass peunut gallery and it cannot end into nothing but tears.

In the end the sole persons to allow to say someone "you cannot do that" in this board is the staff and only reasons us to do it is when someone breaks the forum rules. Forum rules are not the same as the shipbucket's and FD scale's stylistic rules.

Also

No matter what utter crap the kids fills our forum when they have holidaybreaks from schools or whatever the reason they keep swarming us, it is not going to endanger SB, nor its going to "ruin" it or "drag it down." Leave the quality controll to me when I do my uploadings. Shipbucket's idea has always included a rather juvenile approach of kitbashing shipdrawings in a "legobrick" type of approach. This is not its sole purpose nor anyways the main purpose but its still an aspect of this style that it cannot be avoided. If someone doesen't follow these rules, we have our NON-SB scale forum for other drawing styles.

Also

When someone posts something that due a limited knowledge (or pure ignorant) of shipbuilding defies the sense of reasoning , there is an option to just ignore it. Utter crap will always sink down to the bottom of the drain, and with lesser attention it will sink faster. Now, Im not going to ban anyone comment on such stuff either, but I do strongly suggest anyone from now onwards avoid "you cannot drawn that..." approach and choose, "why won't you try to draw it this way..." instead. Saves up a lot of hazle.

Anways.

Like I said in the begining, NO ONE EXCEPT THE STAFF WILL SAY: "YOU CANNOT POST THIS OR THAT IN MY THREAD"
that's why I wrote my post as a compromise between the two extremes.

[Profile] [Quote]
foxnews4u
Post subject: Re: das fox mods (mostly fd scale)Posted: February 25th, 2012, 11:11 pm
you guys are losing me. Can you make your paragraphs easier to understand. Or we'll need a second forum explaining everything. I mean come on, I come here one day... All bright-eyed, ready to do my business.... Now.. I don't know.. I feel like I'm in a law-suit with 50 people condcending to me.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: das fox mods (mostly fd scale)Posted: February 25th, 2012, 11:45 pm
Rule #1 of shipbucket: don't be a dumbass.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: das fox mods (mostly fd scale)Posted: February 25th, 2012, 11:45 pm
Ugh. This wasn't what I was trying to accomplish (actually I do feel I was trying to accomplish the exact opposite, or at least trying to moderate the sentiments here).

Ok. Look. Like I said, I'm not a mod, but Gollevainen is and he pretty much says keep doing silly stuff. So keep doing silly stuff. I'd honestly rather have you here than not (there are very, very few people whom I feel differently and that's exactly why they eventually got banned).

[Profile] [Quote]
foxnews4u
Post subject: Re: das fox mods (mostly fd scale)Posted: February 25th, 2012, 11:49 pm
So wait... Galo and you want me to stay... Keep posting silly stuff? if that's what your saying....

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 7 of 9  [ 85 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 15 6 7 8 9 »

Jump to: