Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 40  [ 396 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 640 »
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: August 20th, 2012, 3:51 am
Sexiest AU FD plane of the year? I think so!

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: August 20th, 2012, 8:00 am
Looks somewhat familiar, yet somewhat so new. ;)
Great work!

[Profile] [Quote]
denodon
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: August 20th, 2012, 8:33 am
Very nice looking aircraft I must say. If you gave it the radial from a dc-3 it could almost be what Sierans navy and air force fly.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: August 21st, 2012, 9:37 am
Looks so real it has to be! 8-)

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: August 21st, 2012, 3:53 pm
Thanks everyone, I'm now working on the Mk.3 version :)

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: August 21st, 2012, 3:57 pm
Judging by the logic of the fighter development in WW2 (Spitfire, Mustang, Thunderbolt) something tells me it will have bubble-top canopy? ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: August 21st, 2012, 4:12 pm
Perhaps... ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: August 21st, 2012, 8:38 pm
Well bubble-top on later models of Jug was a bad idea, many pilots from attack squadrons don't like them and stay with "razorback" models. The legend of P-47 is about his ruggedness and ability to withstand some absurd level of enemy fire. That heavy armored cockpit save more pilots lifes then some plastic bubble canopy. Maybe it's only me but I like when behind my back and head is a solid steel armour plate. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: August 21st, 2012, 9:11 pm
You say that until an Fw-190 or contemporary with heavy cannon armament gets behind you in your rather large blind spot and screws you sideways with 20mm and possibly 30mm fire. No matter how rugged the Jug is/was it's not going to take many 20/30mm hits to make it fall out of the sky.

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Recherche in FDPosted: August 21st, 2012, 9:15 pm
I concur I have lost many a Il-2 to Fw-190's.

Even though it is supposed to be a flying tank.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 40  [ 396 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 640 »

Jump to: