Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 15 of 25  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page « 113 14 15 16 1725 »
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: US ARMY OrganizationPosted: July 27th, 2017, 4:16 pm
Caddaric79 wrote: *
Thank you guys!
So, I'll continue this way :-)
nighthunter wrote: *
Only correction needed, "Loader", not "Cannoneer"
In the 7 TO&E from 15/09/1943 to 21/06/1945, the US Army called it "Cannoneer (Specification S/N 2736)" so I'm feeling confident about that.
Odd, I've always heard them referenced as loaders, even by veterans. But if the TO&E of the US Army of the era called them "Cannoneers" then I submit to the correct term.

[Profile] [Quote]
John_McCarthy1
Post subject: Re: US ARMY OrganizationPosted: July 27th, 2017, 6:39 pm
nighthunter wrote: *
Odd, I've always heard them referenced as loaders, even by veterans. But if the TO&E of the US Army of the era called them "Cannoneers" then I submit to the correct term.
Loaders could just be common slang then, I mean Loader is quicker and easier to say then Cannoneer.

Suggestions Welcomed

Currently working on:
Heavy Cruiser Proposal CA-B: ~80% done.
Heavy Cruiser Proposal CA-C: ~5-10% done.
Heavy/Large Cruiser Proposal CA2-D: ~35% done.
FD Scale P-51A Dazzle Camo Livery: ~5-10% done.
Getting better: Always being worked on.

Finished:
FD Scale P-51D's Dazzle Camo Livery (might be redone)
FD Scale P-51D's German Captured Livery

[Profile] [Quote]
Caddaric79
Post subject: Re: US ARMY OrganizationPosted: February 18th, 2018, 4:54 am
To close the Armored Cavalry Regiment 2004, here is the Support squadron.
The squadron provides combat service support, (except construction) to all organic and attached elements of the regiment.

[ img ]

1. HEADQUARTER AND HEADQUARTERS TROOP, SUPPORT SQUADRON, ACR

Mission: It commands and controls organic and attached units. It commands and controls all units in the support area for security and terrain management.

Capabilities:
(1) Planning, directing and supervising tactical training and internal logistics for units of the support battalion.
(2) Planning and controlling the use of aircraft and surface transportation that are organic, attached, or allocated for logistics and HSS missions.
(3) Planning and conduct of rear operations within its assigned areas of responsibility.
(4) Controlling regiment-level supply of Class I (and water), II (including unclassified maps), III, IV, V, VII, and IX supplies.
(5) Controlling regiment-level and unit-level HSS on an area basis. This includes medical staff services, medical supply (Class VIII), and unit-level maintenance of medical equipment.
(6) Controlling DS maintenance and common and missile repair parts service to supported units in the regiment.

[ img ]

2. QUARTERMASTER SUPPLY & TRANSPORTATION TROOP

Mission: Supports the arming system through its Class IV and V operations and the fueling system through Class III operations. It supports the fixing system through Class VII operations and the sustaining the soldier task through provision of rations, clothing and individual equipment. It also supports the moving task through transporting supplies and regiment units.

Capabilities:
(1) Receives, stores, and issues Class I, II, packaged III, IV (limited), and VII items as well as unclassified maps. The troop does not receive, store, or issue classified maps, aircraft, airdrop equipment, COMSEC, or construction materiel.
(2) Purifies, stores, and issues water to the regiment. The troop provides two water supply points in the BSA. The troop also provides limited potable water distribution to assigned and attached units.
(3) Receives, stores, transports, and distributes bulk petroleum using organic fuel transporters.
(4) Transloads Class V supplies from corps transportation assets to unit vehicles. The troop also provides limited transportation of Class V to regiment units.
(5) Provides transportation for the regiment ASL and supplemental transportation for elements of the regiment.
(6) Maintains the regiment reserve supplies.
(7) Provides unit maintenance for all organic vehicles.
(8) Provides salvage service for materiel and supplies of all types (less toxic gasses, ammunition, explosives, motor vehicles, and COMSEC equipment).

[ img ]

3. MEDICAL COMPANY

Mission: Provides regiment (division) level HSS for units operating in the regiment area. This HSS includes medical staff advice and assistance as required on an area basis to all units in the regiment area. The company also provides unit-level HSS to units without organic medical support.

Capabilities:
(1) Provision of HSS advice to the regiment commander.
(2) Treatment of patients with minor diseases and illnesses, triage of mass casualties, initial resuscitation and stabilization, and emergency medical treatment. They also provide patients with advanced trauma management, initial surgery, and preparation for further evacuation of patients incapable of returning to duty.
(3) Ground evacuation for patients from battalion aid stations and designated patient-collecting points.
(4) Emergency dental care.
(5) Medical supply, medical equipment, medical unique (Class VIII) repair parts, and medical maintenance support to units in the regiment area.
(6) Medical laboratory and radiology services commensurate with division-level treatment.
(7) Outpatient consultation services for patients referred from unit-level Motifs.
(8) Patient holding for up to 40 patients able to return to duty within 72 hours.
(9) Level II surgical support service. (HSB and SIB only)
(10) Optometry support limited to eye examinations single vision, spectacle frame assembly, and repair services.
(11) Preventive medicine and consultation service for regiment units.
(12) Forward treatment support to forces involved in combat operations.
(13) Coordination with the UMT for required religious support.
(14) Reinforcement of unit-level medical elements. They also provide medical supervision for PAs in unit-level medical elements without an assigned physician.

[ img ]

4. ORDNANCE (MAINTENANCE) TROOP

Mission: provides DS maintenance and common and missile repair parts service to supported units in the regiment area.

Capabilities:
(1) Provides personnel and equipment to perform DS maintenance on TOW and Dragon missile systems; radios, teletypewriter and telephone equipment; target acquisition surveillance radar's, field artillery digital systems, and fire control instruments; tank turrets, artillery, and power generation equipment; and tracked vehicles, QM and chemical equipment, and wheeled equipment.
(2) Provides reinforcing recovery assistance to supported units.
(3) Provides technical assistance and PLL supply support to supported units that provide unit maintenance within the regiment.
(4) Maintains an ASL of common and missile repair parts for supported units.
(5) Provides reparable item management service for selected common repair parts.
(6) Provides on-site and combat system oriented maintenance support for the ACS through the maintenance support platoons.

[ img ]

5. AVIATION MAINTENANCE TROOP (RAS)

Mission: Provides aviation intermediate and reinforcing aviation unit maintenance to regimental (divisional) aircraft at its base location in the aviation BSA. The troop also fields forward repair and recovery teams to units in the operating areas.

Capabilities:
(1) Provides structural and airframe repairs.
(2) Provides component repairs for installation in aircraft or to support its RX program.
(3) Schedule AVIM.
(4) Provides reparable exchange service and operation of a quick supply store for selected common repair parts.

[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
sebu
Post subject: Re: US ARMY OrganizationPosted: February 18th, 2018, 6:46 am
Really good work! Quite breathtakingly accurate presentation.
I found also my job/training in it as a water trtm nco of our army. US has 11 guys in it, we have just 1 :D Though, we've just defense forces and a lot of water everywhere...

[Profile] [Quote]
Caddaric79
Post subject: Re: US ARMY OrganizationPosted: February 18th, 2018, 10:34 am
My mistake!... its 9 men (6 SP and 3 NCO).
It's an account at full readiness state for regiment (brigade) size unit.
It seems to be also an "arid environment water team" in 1997 TOE to augment the Quartermaster troop. Don't see it in 2014 TOE.
Thank you.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: US ARMY OrganizationPosted: February 18th, 2018, 10:58 am
Amazing! :o :shock:

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: US ARMY OrganizationPosted: February 18th, 2018, 1:55 pm
Really FANTASTIC work Caddaric :!:

Jolly well done old chap... I love your TOE's... Truly a work of art sir.

Well done my old fruit. Jolly WELL DONE indeed :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: US ARMY OrganizationPosted: February 19th, 2018, 8:42 am
Beyond amazing, fantasmorgasmic!

[Profile] [Quote]
Madscotsman
Post subject: Re: US ARMY OrganizationPosted: February 19th, 2018, 6:34 pm
Amazing as always good sir.

Discord - StoneMane (madscotsman)#2598

[Profile] [Quote]
Caddaric79
Post subject: Re: US ARMY OrganizationPosted: February 20th, 2018, 2:38 pm
Thank you guys!
Possibly continuing 1944 AD now.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 15 of 25  [ 246 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 113 14 15 16 1725 »

Jump to: