Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 37 of 50  [ 495 posts ]  Go to page « 135 36 37 38 3950 »
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: February 11th, 2014, 8:10 pm
Thanks for the links, I will read them. The Marinefliger TSR.2 is out there in What if Aircraft and has exactly this number. This number I think belonged to a F-104G. Next German TSR.2 will be Luftwaffe 33 Wing and then Australian TSR.2 are coming. Finally, to end with the TSR.2 some work on British variants.

[Profile] [Quote]
Naixoterk
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: February 13th, 2014, 9:26 am
The Pulqui II recived green light to be produced massively and it quickly spreaded to various air forces:

[ img ]

Argentinean Air Force The primary user of the Pulqui II. It was the backbone of their air force. They used it as interceptors and multi-role fighters.

Royal Egyptian Air Force King Farouk ordered some Pulqui II in 1951, just the same first year that they were massively produced making them the first foreign users of the Pulqui II. After the revolution of 1953 that got monarchy overthrown from the power they passed on to the Republican Air Force. They played an important role during the Suez Crisis and some of the (like the one depicted) managed to shot down some Israeli airplanes. However, most of them were destroyed by the superiority of the Anglo-French-Israeli air forces.

Spanish Air Force As it wasn't until 1955 that Spain entered into the UN. They lived almost economically isolated and Argentina was the only nation that kept economical agreements with them. That's why when they wanted to modernize their outdated HA-1109 and HA 1112 they had not much choice than Argentina, so they end up purchasing some of them to equip their fighter squadrons in 1952. Together with their attack squadrons equipped with the locally produced Hispano HA-200 Super Saeta they formed the backbone of the Spanish Air Force of those years.
They become clearly outdated when they received the much better North American Sabres, however, in the Ifni war, as the American government forbade both sides of the conflict from using American made material, they were forced to use much older equipment and these airplanes played an important role when controlling the skies above Sahara.

Indian Air Force Locally manufactured as "Hindustan FMA IAe.33" by Hindustan aeronautics they were used in the Second Indo Pakistani war of 1965 being that the last known active usage of the Pulqui II in an open conflict.

Dornier Do.17/Do.215
    Heinkel He.79
    Junkers Ju.52
    Junkers J.I
Repainting:
  • Grumman F4F Wildcat/Grumman G-36
    Caproni Ca.135bis

Last edited by Naixoterk on February 13th, 2014, 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: February 13th, 2014, 9:46 am
Nice paint schemes.

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: February 13th, 2014, 9:49 pm
So I found a picture of a fictional member of the E-series of german standardpaners, the E-90. It is a tank to fill the gap between the E-100 and the E-75. It looks cool so I decided to draw it and post it there.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: February 14th, 2014, 12:59 am
Awesome job guys

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: February 14th, 2014, 7:02 pm
Although it was only a propaganda fiction, it is still and interesting design. I found the best rendition of the Panzer IX/X that I could find, and then I drew it. I decided to take a few liberties, like adding the 10,5 cm gun from the E-75, and adding details that originally isn`t supposed to be there. And here it is:

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Naixoterk
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: February 14th, 2014, 7:46 pm
On August 9th 1947, the Pulqui I made its maiden flight, unlike in OTL, they found it to be suitable for interceptor duties and, after installing 20mm cannons (similar to those employed in the Gloster Meteor), the plane was given green light to be mass produced and that way in November 1947 the first batch was made for the Argentinean Air Force.

[ img ]

Argentinean Air Force: The first, and main, user of the Pulqui I. Belonging to the 3rd Fighter Group.

Syrian Air Force: The Syrian Republic was the first foreign customer to buy the Pulqui. They used it in the first Arab-Israeli war.

Republic of China Air Force: The urgent need for cheap airplanes made the ROC Government to purchase some Pulqui I where were used with limited success.

PLA Air Force: Captured during the war, the PLA used these airplanes for second line vigilance duties as they employed the much advanced airplanes like the Mig-15 for front line operations in the Korean war.

Dornier Do.17/Do.215
    Heinkel He.79
    Junkers Ju.52
    Junkers J.I
Repainting:
  • Grumman F4F Wildcat/Grumman G-36
    Caproni Ca.135bis

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: February 14th, 2014, 8:45 pm
Nice additions. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: February 15th, 2014, 10:24 am
Excellent work guys, the German TSR.2 and the Argentine jets are particularly stunning and its nice to see the Pz IX appear in in FD too

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: February 15th, 2014, 11:17 am
So here's the story:

In 1989 the BAe Harrier II GR.5 started replacing Harrier GR.1/3's in RAF service. The RAF was looking for buyers for the newer airframes and offered them up at a discounted price. The Irish Air Corps, the newest member of the NATO Air Forces as of 1986, was in the market for a jet aircraft that would work for both "air superiority" and ground attack roles saw the discounted Harriers as the perfect solution to their requirements. The IAC purchased 30 GR, and 6 T.4A airframes for 3 squadrons, 2 Combat, one for home defense and one for UN Peacekeeping and NATO operations, each squadron rotates, and 1 Training squadron. And they arranged to have the Blue Fox radar system added to the GR aircraft, similar to the BAe Sea Harriers currently in service with the FAA. Those aircraft were delivered in November of 1990 and saw their first action in Bosnia supporting UN troops against Bosnian Serb aggressive actions. Shown here is one of those examples:

[ img ]

In the entire operational history of the Hawker Siddeley Harriers in IAC service, only two were lost, one in an advanced training accident and the other to a SAM in the Balkans conflict, both pilots ejected safely. During the Balkans conflict, the Harriers scored 8 total kills, 3 of which were fixed wing aircraft. 1 MiG-21, and two Su-25 Frogfoots. One of the Frogfoots was brought down with cannon, while the other and the MiG-21 were brought down by AIM-9L Sparrow AAMs. The remaining 5 kills were 2 Hind-D gunships and 3 Hip improvised gunships.

In 2002 the FAA announced the retirement of the BAe Sea Harrier FA.2's, most of which were modified from FRS.1 airframes. Ireland, once again, came to the rescue of the aircraft that they enjoyed using. When the last operational Harriers were retired in 2006, the IAC purchased again 30 of those aircraft to replace their FSR.2 Harriers, and 6 T.4N's to replace the T.4A trainers. Those aircraft became operational in early 2007. The most recent action the "Sea" Harriers have seen is NATO Action in Libya in 2011. Here is an example of one of those aircraft that served in Libya:

[ img ]

During Libyan operations, only one kill was made by the IAC, a Libyan Mirage F.1, that had just finished strafing Libyan Rebel forces.

Enjoy!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 37 of 50  [ 495 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 135 36 37 38 3950 »

Jump to: