Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 50  [ 495 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 550 »
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: April 4th, 2013, 8:13 am
Darth, that is magic! The Hornet looks sooo good in FAA colours. Still my favoured aircraft of the 1980s onwards had the CVAs been built.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: April 4th, 2013, 9:33 am
What could and should have been! Any plans to do some from Granby perhaps? Or maybe an MLU?

[Profile] [Quote]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: April 4th, 2013, 4:00 pm
Blackbuck wrote:
What could and should have been! Any plans to do some from Granby perhaps? Or maybe an MLU?
Granby ?

- RHKAAF / HKGFS - 皇家香港輔助空軍 / 政府飛行服務隊
- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: April 4th, 2013, 4:10 pm
darthpanda wrote:
Blackbuck wrote:
Granby ?
Majority of Worlds population knows it as 1991 Gulf War or (less precisely, but more popularly) Operation Desert Storm.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Granby

:lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: April 5th, 2013, 11:16 pm
[ img ]
Special thanks to Guillermo for the awesome base.

[Profile] [Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: The PuffinPosted: April 14th, 2013, 10:01 pm
[ img ]

A little AU fighter I made based off Nighthunter's P-64, shown here in Nieuw Friesland colors.

Prewar, this was the main fighter of the Luchtmacht, produced in several versions. At the start of WWII, it had been superseded by the C version with retractable landing gear, a 1,200 hp engine, and heavier armament, but plenty of A models were still in service with reserve units. The A model had a maximum speed of 303 mph, and carried an armament of 2x.30 machine guns in the cowling, and 2x.50 MGs in the wings. With their obsolescence as a fighter, many were converted with a bomb rack to carry either a single 500 lb bomb, or more commonly, a pair of 250 lb bombs.

As a note, the aircraft was given an official name, but was quickly dubbed "the Puffin" by crews, such that the official designation was quickly forgotten.

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile] [Quote]
Raxar
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: April 15th, 2013, 12:46 am
Cute little plane, I like it. :)

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." ~Ludwig Wittgenstein

[Profile] [Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: April 15th, 2013, 2:15 am
[ img ]

With the arrival of the 1200HP class engines for the J-23, there was some hope that the increased performance would somewhat mitigate the drag of the floats. The J-23 so equipped, could manage a top speed of just over 325 mph, helped by the improved engine, and retractable landing gear. As an archipelago nation, Nieuw Friesland found the notion of seaplane fighters useful, and the compact size of the Puffin made for easy transport.

Though having a top speed of only 260 mph, the Sea Puffin distinguished itself during the war, operating from small, lend-lease seaplane carriers, protecting remote outposts, conducting harassment raids on Japanese islands, and interdicting recon flights, among other duties. Fights with the more nimble Nakajima A6M2 were not uncommon, and frequently came down to which pilot was the more skilled, though the Sea Puffin was generally faster, and better armed, with 4x.50 MGs.

@Raxar--Thank you, the aircraft evolved from my original intent, but I'm still happy with the results.

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: April 15th, 2013, 7:22 am
Very nice! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: April 15th, 2013, 7:30 am
Wait till y'all see my versions, lol

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 50  [ 495 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 550 »

Jump to: