Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ] 
nighthunter
Post subject: FD How To TutorialPosted: April 8th, 2013, 8:08 pm
Okay, while we have a lot of great artists on the board, some people have been asking for other's to do drawings they want done, well, lads and lasses, Here is how I do it. Everyone is different, and that's okay, so you use one color over another, that's fine. As long as you have fun and get it right, no one will care how you did it yourself, this is just a simple "How To" from someone who never thought they would end up where they are, damned decent at drawing stuff.

I am currently working on this aircraft and these were WIP's Saved accordingly for this Tutorial.

So, first you find your Reference Image/Starting Image which in this case was a JPEG:
[ img ]

Then you save it as a 16 bit BMP, and remove the Gray:
[ img ]

After making the lines black, you save it as a Monochrome BMP, and resize it to the propper FD scale size for the Aircraft:
[ img ]

Once that is done, you save it as a 24 bit BMP and go to work, making the outline (I use Red for this):
[ img ]

To Be Continued...

[Profile]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD How To TutorialPosted: April 8th, 2013, 11:49 pm
While working on the project, I keep the original base image open in another Paint Window.

Back to business, once you get all the panel lines done you have what looks like this:
[ img ]

Once you remove the black it looks like this:
[ img ]

[Profile]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD How To TutorialPosted: April 9th, 2013, 6:03 am
So, you copy and paste the black over the red and end up with this:
[ img ]

Then you color it the way you want it, I chose the "Aluminum" blank DP and Several others favor for unmarked unassigned aircraft:
[ img ]

You should then copy the aircraft and paste it onto the Template like so:
[ img ]

Last but not least, get rid of the salmon color and label it appropriately, and, "Viola!" you have a finished project!
[ img ]

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings”

Jump to: