Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 6 of 13  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page « 14 5 6 7 813 »
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Thiarian WingsPosted: December 30th, 2013, 8:51 pm
That's very nice and much more in line with what I would expect. Great stuff!

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Thiarian WingsPosted: December 30th, 2013, 8:53 pm
it would be even better if the panel lines would be coloured in an darker tone of the camo colour.... :P

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: Thiarian WingsPosted: December 30th, 2013, 9:10 pm
Hello yet again!

Thanks Colo

Ace: I tried that (as the panel lines on the blank were the same colour as the shaded areas, the automatically assumed the darker shade of the background colour when I recoloured the painting) - and could not distinguish the panel lines anymore. For that, the splotches are still too small.

Greetings
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Thiarian WingsPosted: December 31st, 2013, 10:53 am
I quite like the effect on the updated version, looks quite good. A pain to maintain but its something different for an AU.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: Thiarian WingsPosted: January 5th, 2014, 5:39 pm
Hello again!

When Germany and Spain entered the Asarlai programme in 2007, one part of the deal was that the Thiarians would buy into two threatened european arms projects as compensation: one was the Barracuda UAV, the other was the Mako. The decision was not too hard, as the Thiarian air force had a requirement for both aircraft, and Thiaria joined both projects in 2007. Mako eventually made its first flight late in 2010 and will enter series production in 2015; this tight timeframe could not have been met without Thiaria's massive engagement. The plane was successfully marketed against the very similar South Korean T-50; both met with considerable success: as of January 2014, there are 530 orders and 368 options for Mako (Belgium 20+40, Bulgaria 0+32, Croatia 20+0, Finland 36+0, France 80+40, Germany 80+20, Greece 0+60, Morocco 40+0, Peru 12+24, Portugal 30+30, Romania 24+40, Spain 64+0, Sweden 48+0, Switzerland 16+32 and Thiaria 60+60); if the type will be chosen by the USAF under the F-X programme, at least 400 further machines will be built. The Thiarian version has a larger wing for extended range and is carrier capable.

[ img ]

Greetings
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Thiarian WingsPosted: January 5th, 2014, 6:53 pm
Image isn't working ;)
Also can you explain Bulgaria's 0+32 order, does that mean that the order hasn't been solidified yet or hat their order is truly just an option for 32 fighters and not a true order?

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Thiarian WingsPosted: January 5th, 2014, 7:16 pm
I'd imagine in service out of number ordered?

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: Thiarian WingsPosted: January 6th, 2014, 5:35 am
Hello everyone!

The numbers mean firm orders (both versions) + options, based upon my personal opinion about the respective nation's requirements (which politics certainly would not acknowledge in the current financian situation, even if the plane actually existed).

And, by the way, the SCI version would certainly be offered on very generous terms to Thiaria's newly independent celtic brothers:

[ img ]

Sorry, Indiajuliet, could not resist that one; if you want me to get rid uf it, just say so... ;)

Greetings
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Thiarian WingsPosted: January 6th, 2014, 8:38 am
Excellent work, as always. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
indiajuliet
Post subject: Re: Thiarian WingsPosted: January 7th, 2014, 12:23 am
Both the Thiarian and Cornish Mako's look amazing, and I must all say well done for the great work with the 'never built' examples too.

You're welcome to try anything in Cornish colours, you've made a good job of it, she can stay ;) I only tried this scheme on the CF-18 for a bit of fun but it seems to work well on the Mako too.
You're also right that they would need to be offered on very very generous terms for such a small country with an equally small defence force, but the Mako would be a great purchase for the Duchy, thanks for trying it out.

Feel free to post the drawing and any others you fancy doing in my Cornwall AU thread - Siolpaire maybe?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 6 of 13  [ 127 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 14 5 6 7 813 »

Jump to: