Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 3  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 »
KimWolf
Post subject: KEA - The Wings of the Southern PacificPosted: April 13th, 2014, 2:18 pm
Well now, thanks to Gollevainen, I'm here to post more of my CISP airliners.

First, I want to introduce to You one of the oldest members of KEA Global Airways, one of the most iconic airliners ever built...
[ img ]

Later on, KEA GA purchased their first jets, including the french built Caravelle in different Versions...
[ img ]

The other Airline, KEA Island Connection, uses a weird and confusing mixture of antique and state of the art planes and helicopters, as, for example these two old ladies, who are still in Service...
[ img ]

If you should wonder why the Caravelles have other jets than in Garlicdesign's drawings and why there are no APU's in the back, well, I thought, what is an AU good for, if you still stick to all the physical laws and limitations of our very own Universe. To cut it short: My AU has mastered the so called Cold Fission. Okay, it's an excuse for not willing to think too much about how to power planes, ships, cars or trains, but a creative one ;). Whether Airliner or Fighter, they're all powered by electromagnetic engines.
So, that's all for now. More planes and more about KEA GA and IC will follow and there will be more informations about the CISP - as soon as I'm done with.

Last edited by KimWolf on April 14th, 2014, 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: KEA - The Wings of the Southern PacificPosted: April 13th, 2014, 6:52 pm
Nice work on the paint schemes, although Caravelle is resized (and I'm not really enthusiastic about Cold Fission-powered 1950s vintage aircraft, but let's leave it - Your AU, Your fun ;) ).
:)

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWolf
Post subject: Re: KEA - The Wings of the Southern PacificPosted: April 14th, 2014, 3:41 am
Oopsie! Didn't realise that. Copied the preview URL from deviantart. Fixed it.

[Profile] [Quote]
Charwhick
Post subject: Re: KEA - The Wings of the Southern PacificPosted: April 14th, 2014, 3:44 am
Actually, an AU set from the 50s onwards in a universe where power was cheap, light and nearly free would certainly be interesting.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: KEA - The Wings of the Southern PacificPosted: April 14th, 2014, 4:06 am
KimWolf wrote:
To cut it short: My AU has mastered the so called Cold Fission. Okay, it's an excuse for not willing to think too much about how to power planes, ships, cars or trains, but a creative one ;). Whether Airliner or Fighter, they're all powered by electromagnetic engines.
Please explain why this exercise in mental gymnastics is necessary.

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWolf
Post subject: Re: KEA - The Wings of the Southern PacificPosted: April 14th, 2014, 4:27 am
@ Eswube
Concearning the KCFC, or KEA-Cold-Fission-Cell: Of course the Caravelle (and 707, DC-8 and so on) had been delivered with their standard jet-engines. When KEA, a multi business company, invented this technique in the early sixties, they needed a plane for further development and trials. They choose one of Global Airway's Caravelles, and five years later, all of their Caravelles had been switched from jet-engines to JetTubes. JetTubes, because where normal airliners or jetfighters have a complicated set of one hell of a lot of parts, the tubes are besically that - tubes. No rotating parts, just a tube, containing a powerfull coil to speed up passing air. Silent, efficient, and birds pass through without causing damage.
Maybe I'll go back in time and show a Caravelle with original engines and old livery, but I haven't already thought about that.

@ klagldsf
That's quite simple: I'm living about 150km from Frankfurt-Rhein-Main, far away from that airport, but almost everyday there's news about the noise pollution around the Fraport. Than, when I was a child, the region I live in was part of a military deep flight area. Have you ever been sitting in your garden on a perfect summer day when a pair of F-4 Phantoms passes at high speed about little more than 1000ft to 2000ft, trailing thick black smoke in her wake? - spoils your perfect day (still like that old crow, cause she's an icon amongs jetfighters, but still terribly loud and dirty)

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: KEA - The Wings of the Southern PacificPosted: April 16th, 2014, 1:37 am
Yes, but you've utilized a solution that 1.) is ridiculously complicated and 2.) hinges on a technology that many physicists agree is impossible. Also, what is an "electromagnetic engine"? How does it work? Why do propellor aircraft and jet engine aircraft look as if they still had propellor engines and jet engines? There are better alternatives out there like hush kits (not perfect, but eh).

Then again, it's your AU, and outwordly it's not so stupid that I really want to rewrite it.

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWolf
Post subject: Re: KEA - The Wings of the Southern PacificPosted: April 16th, 2014, 4:58 am
klagldsf wrote:
Yes, but you've utilized a solution that 1.) is ridiculously complicated and 2.) hinges on a technology that many physicists agree is impossible. Also, what is an "electromagnetic engine"? How does it work? Why do propellor aircraft and jet engine aircraft look as if they still had propellor engines and jet engines? There are better alternatives out there like hush kits (not perfect, but eh).

Then again, it's your AU, and outwordly it's not so stupid that I really want to rewrite it.
1.) Who says it's ridiculously complicated? Just because we cant find a way to master it, doesn't really mean it has to be complicated or impossible. Maybe they found some mineral or rare earth or whatever that makes it all ridiculously simple. 2.) Electromagnetic engine may be an incorrect term. You know the principle of a coil gun? This works similar, it just doesn't shoot bullets, but speeds up passing air. How it works? Well, in the words of Michael Okuda when he was asked how the "Heisenberg Compensator" (part of Star Trek's transporter system) works, he gave the most intelligent answer by just saying "Very well, thank you." Concerning propeller driven planes: Electric motors! Highly sophisticated ones, of course, but still electric motors. Plus: not all the planes are driven by this "highly sophisticated" technology. Good old Auntie Ju and the Conny are still driven by piston engines. Why? Because nothing beats the sound of a working radial piston engine.
I could write on and on, complain about technically impossible Ueber-Battleships (one shot - capsized), or Subs, so overloaded with external devices, that you could hear them move under water without a sophisticated sonar-system. We all know that there are designs around the bucket that are simply useless or impossible - but still there are guys who let them come to life around here and be proud of their work. Not all of us are like Eswube or Darthpanda or Maomatic or ALVAMA who do all those amazingly realistic drawings.
Conclusion: I want my AU to use Cold Fission and so it does.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: KEA - The Wings of the Southern PacificPosted: April 16th, 2014, 6:12 am
Personally think that the timeline for Cold Fission should moved in 1980's and put your "electromagnetic engines" to newer aircraft.

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWolf
Post subject: Re: KEA - The Wings of the Southern PacificPosted: April 20th, 2014, 6:56 pm
Here are some KEA Island Connection planes that still use piston engines...
[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

And some with the impossible technique... ;)
[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

By the way: IC uses jetplanes too
[ img ]

[ img ]

Last edited by KimWolf on May 11th, 2014, 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 3  [ 28 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page 1 2 3 »

Jump to: