Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 83 of 107  [ 1070 posts ]  Go to page « 181 82 83 84 85107 »
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD AU 3Posted: July 4th, 2017, 3:40 pm
With the failure of the YF-104 due to a fatal crash of one of the prototypes, the USAF and Lockheed worked together to develop what would turn into the F-109 Lancer II. Kelly Johnson, decided to keep the body of the YF-104, but decided to use a standard tail arrangement and swept wings for higher fuel capacity and weapons loads, as well as adding an afterburner to the J79. The first flight was in October 1958, and the Air Force loved it. The first F-109 was delivered to the 318th FIS of the Western ADC in 1960. The F-109A was first flown in 1963, with deliveries starting in 1965. It addressed some minor issues with fuel consumption and All Weather capabilities, with the TF-109B following in production in 1966. In 1968, a dedicated "Wild Weasel" EF-109G was delivered to the Air Force to counter the SAM threat in Vietnam. With the development of the F-15 and F-16, the last F-109A was retired in 1980.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD AU 3Posted: July 5th, 2017, 7:50 am
An interesting what-if idea, nicely drawn too.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Sareva
Post subject: Re: FD AU 3Posted: July 5th, 2017, 11:20 pm
Awesome, well done indeed. Is it okay to use for other AU's ( With credits, of course)?

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD AU 3Posted: July 6th, 2017, 3:28 am
Of course

[Profile] [Quote]
Wikipedia & Universe
Post subject: Re: FD AU 3Posted: July 6th, 2017, 8:00 am
reytuerto wrote: *
Very nice schemes for your airliners, W&U, the level of art design is outstanding in the Transboreal Airbus (specially the last one). Cheers.
Thanks. I can't take too much credit for the images on the last two, which came from Wikimedia Commons. The real challenge was finding scenery that would fit onto the fuselage, then making sure everything was aligned perfectly so as to get the panel lines right. (This basically involves making several copies of an image or paint scheme, each with a different brightness corresponding to a different color on a false-color blank, then dragging copies of the false color over each and setting the appropriate color as the background. You can do incredibly complex schemes this way, and it shaves hours of work and guesswork off the process.)

Anyway, speaking of Airbuses, I'm happy to say that I've done all the A32Xneos on my worklist now.

First, going from Transboreal's domain in the Wikipedian far north all the way to the tropical south, we have an Airbus A321neoLR of Rotubir Airlines, based in the Wikipedian state of Rotubir. Rotubir is a large, biologically and ethnically diverse island state located south of the mainland, and it could be seen as a very rough analogue to RL Hawaii. This particular aircraft has been christened "Satina," a Polynesian name derived from the material satin and meaning soft and gentle. The colors are derived from the state flag.
[ img ]

Lastly, we have an Airbus A320neo and A321neo of Wikipedia and Universe's Virgin Group affiliate, VirginWiki. The scheme combines elements of both RL Virgin Atlantic and Virgin America, featuring an overall metallic finish, sleek billboard titles, and typical Virgin markings. These two examples have been given the nicknames "Hit the Lights" and "Rockport Pride."
[ img ]

Last edited by Wikipedia & Universe on July 7th, 2017, 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: FD AU 3Posted: July 6th, 2017, 8:44 am
Looks very good. Any chance we'll see the actual virgin America A321neos in the real-life thread? :D

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: FD AU 3Posted: July 6th, 2017, 2:45 pm
EXCELLENT work Chaps :!:

Particularly like the Virgin Livery W&U. Jolly Well Done old old bean :D

May one ask sir, is there a danger of seeing any Virgin Atlantic Airbus in the near(ish) future please :?:

Andy

[Profile] [Quote]
Wikipedia & Universe
Post subject: Re: FD AU 3Posted: July 7th, 2017, 7:30 am
BB1987 wrote: *
Looks very good. Any chance we'll see the actual virgin America A321neos in the real-life thread? :D
You want more Virgins? THEN I SHALL BRING YOU MORE VIRGINS! :twisted:

Sorry, couldn't resist. :P
adenandy wrote: *
EXCELLENT work Chaps :!:

Particularly like the Virgin Livery W&U. Jolly Well Done old old bean :D

May one ask sir, is there a danger of seeing any Virgin Atlantic Airbus in the near(ish) future please :?:

Andy
Thanks! In the near-ish future, yes. I'd like to take a crack at the A346. I plan to tick off a few more narrowbodies on my list before pivoting over to widebodies for a while.

[Profile] [Quote]
Wikipedia & Universe
Post subject: Re: FD AU 3Posted: July 7th, 2017, 10:37 pm
Pivoting back to Echo Air, the carrier began its operations in 2007 with the Boeing 757-200 and still maintains a sizeable 757 fleet. The type is shown here in the initial livery used in the first two years of operation (top) as well as the same aircraft (W416EH) repainted in a slightly modified livery introduced in late 2009 (bottom). While Ethereal launched on the selling point of long-range international service to exciting destinations, Echo started out by promoting itself as a short- and medium-range domestic workhorse. Today, both airlines offer both domestic and international flights in competition with Wikipedia and Universe's other carriers.
[ img ]

Last edited by Wikipedia & Universe on July 9th, 2017, 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: FD AU 3Posted: July 8th, 2017, 7:14 am
That's another great entry from you. :D (quibble, there are some dots on the horizontal stabilizer on the second 757)

Have you thought about collecting all those airlines in a dedicated thread (much like KIKE's Venezuela, Kimwolf's KEA, Garlic's Thiarian Wings or my Koko civil aviation)?

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 83 of 107  [ 1070 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 181 82 83 84 85107 »

Jump to: