Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 9 of 9  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page « 15 6 7 8 9
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Scale master lists - comments threadPosted: October 1st, 2017, 7:24 pm
Today I was going to make a (long overdue) update of the Master Lists, but after looking on the older threads I thought it doesn't really make much sense any longer. Over time most picture hosting sites were eliminated - Majhost, Imageshack, Photobucket and partially Dropbox - and the pictures in the treads were in the end wiped out as well, so by now most of the links - even some relatively new ones - in the Master Lists lead to nowhere anyway (or more precisely: to the posts where there are no more pictures). So I guess trying to add new ones is just a waste of time. (Of course I'm still saving pictures for the future upload)

From the beginning the Master Lists were intended to be only a temporary measure until the FD section of the new website will be opened, after which the Lists would be un-pinned from the front page of FD Forum and just allowed to fade away like any other old thread.

Since the "New FD Archive" is still a matter of future, the Lists will remain for a time being, of course, to give at least some reference of "what's done".

But there's another matter - in order to make the "New FD Archive" a reality we need funding, which at this point is very much below expectations. Therefore I'd like to ask all those who consider a FD Archive a useful thing to think hard about it (and preferably make some financial arrangements about that situation ;) ).

[Profile] [Quote]
rifleman2
Post subject: Re: FD Scale master lists - comments threadPosted: November 27th, 2018, 9:38 pm
allot of the links on the master lists don't work

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Scale master lists - comments threadPosted: November 28th, 2018, 6:55 pm
rifleman2 wrote: *
allot of the links on the master lists don't work
Very interesting.
First you made that comment under one of the lists themselves, although the OP in each of these threads has a warning NOT to made any comments there in BIG RED letters.
Then you repeated this comment here, right under my YEAR OLD post informing, that many of the links are not working (largely because the orginal content has been removed, often together with the hosting sites) and therefore the lists won't be updated any longer.

(sigh) :cry:

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 9 of 9  [ 83 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 15 6 7 8 9

Jump to: