Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 
KIKE92
Post subject: Republic of Venezuela FDPosted: July 16th, 2014, 5:00 pm
Hello everyone i have decided to separate the FD Scale drawings from the main thread so i can keep it a little more organised.

The Venezuelan air force projected a requirement for 96 medium multi role combat aircraft to replace the F-16A, VF-5A and the Mirage 50EV, types which had been in frontline service for more than thirty and were having serious maintanance problems and were completely outdated by 2015. For the contest six fighter aircraft were considered: Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet, Dassault Rafale, Eurofighter Typhoon, Lockheed Martin F-16 Fighting Falcon, Mikoyan MiG-35, and Saab JAS 39 Gripen. After an extensive and time consuming evaluation process the Dassault Rafale was chosen in October 2015 as the new fighter, mainly because of its superiority over the other contenders and do to Dassaults willingness to allow Venezuela to produce the aircraft under license and give a full technology transfer. the first batch of 24 aircraft (18 single seaters & 6 two seaters) was to be procured directly from Dassault and delivered ahead of schedule to start training and familiarisation as soon as possible the rest would be manufactured by VAI in Venezuela.
Due to Venezuelas increasing importance in the region and the growing threat of the chinese backed countries like Cuba, Bolivia & Nicaragua the Venezuelan government decided to expand the armed forces together with other countries in the region such as Brazil, Argentina, Chile and Colombia in order to answer the threat that the large amount of chinese weapons supplied to this countries posed but also to defend themselves from leftist groups backed by this countries.
Because of this expansion the initial order for 96 Rafale's was gradually increased until it eventualy reached 240 aircraft making it the largest military contract in the countries history. Another important part of the expansion was the development of the carrier task force and it was decided that to reduce cost the Naval aviation would use the Rafale M, the first order for 42 aircraft was placed along with the air force order and as the aircraft carriers entered service more aicraft were ordered eventually reaching a total of 120 aircraft. Combined the air force and navy fleets have 360 Rafale's making Venezuela the largest Rafale operator.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Republic of Venezuela FDPosted: July 16th, 2014, 6:35 pm
Spiffy. Not fond of the camouflage scheme or roundel placement mind. Nice to see IRIS-T on a Rafale too :D

[Profile] [Quote]
GLACIESFIRE
Post subject: Re: Republic of Venezuela FDPosted: July 16th, 2014, 8:04 pm
Very very nice!!!

[Profile] [Quote]
KIKE92
Post subject: Re: Republic of Venezuela FDPosted: July 18th, 2014, 3:08 pm
Embraer EMB314 Super Tucano - Fuerza Aèrea Venezolana
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
KIKE92
Post subject: Re: Republic of Venezuela FDPosted: July 28th, 2018, 7:47 pm
After a long time without touching this AU, i did this for fun. It is based on the new camo being applied to the real Venezuelan aircraft under the new markings directive:

[ img ]

Last edited by KIKE92 on August 10th, 2018, 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: Republic of Venezuela FDPosted: July 28th, 2018, 10:11 pm
EXCELLENT work Kike :!: Jolly well done my old fruit :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings”

Jump to: