Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 50  [ 498 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 550 »
TurretHead
Post subject: FD Scale VehiclesPosted: July 31st, 2010, 10:48 am
Hi there,

I'm interested in drawing some military vehicles using the pixel art and in the scale of FD scale vehicles drawn by Little Bird, Ennr, Darth Panda and Klagsdaf. I just want to check that the scale is 22 pixels for 1m? Also what does FD stand for?

I've played around with some other scales like 1:144 and 1: 72 at 72 dpi (1 pixel = 1 foot or 2 foot) but the drawings tend to get too big and the Shipbucket scale is the right size for ships but just not for air and land vehicles. But I like that FD scale.

Thanks for the great Bucket.

Turret Head

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: FD Scale VehiclesPosted: July 31st, 2010, 4:35 pm
Draw us some Rhodie vehicles!

[Profile] [Quote]
Enrr
Post subject: Re: FD Scale VehiclesPosted: July 31st, 2010, 6:56 pm
yep, 1 meter = 22,093 px

FD is only the first letter of mine and Little Bird italian forum ;)
We choose this name to distinguish our new scale from the classic SB scale

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: FD Scale VehiclesPosted: July 31st, 2010, 10:31 pm
I started doing an M113A4 some time ago, I cannot confirm that correctly portrays it 100% accurately though (hence it not being on a template at the moment) :(

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
TurretHead
Post subject: Re: FD Scale VehiclesPosted: August 5th, 2010, 6:27 am
Thanks for the scale confirmation guys. I am just using 1m = 22 pixels and hope the 0.093 wont make a difference! I plan on drawing some Rhodesian combat vehicles the first mine and ambush protected vehicles. Also some South African and whatever takes my fancy. I'm currently working on a Rooikat and a Selou Scouts flying column Unimog and getting around learning the scale and pixel art - those wheels are hard! I also have a Rhodesian alternate universe I've written that I wanted to illustrate which is why I started down this path. I even worked in a Rhodesian Navy so might have to draw some Ship Bucket scale ships!

[Profile] [Quote]
TurretHead
Post subject: Re: FD Scale VehiclesPosted: August 5th, 2010, 12:40 pm
Here is my first drawing. I've attached because I don't have a photo bucket page but I'll set one up. It is the Rooikat and it needs more detail, shading and to face the right way!

[Profile] [Quote]
Vossiej
Post subject: Re: FD Scale VehiclesPosted: August 5th, 2010, 7:41 pm
Beautifull addition TurretHead, I hope we can get this thread back to life again!

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: FD Scale VehiclesPosted: August 5th, 2010, 7:46 pm
LOL, I had a USS Alaska cruiser that was painted in the standard Rhodie vehicle paint scheme. It was pretty funny looking but I never uploaded it.

I am quite a fan of Rhodesia, and it was my airsoft setup for quite a long time. I have a real Rhodesian kit built FN rifle as well as quite a few bits and bobs of militaria (camo, personal gear etc) from the time.

Looking forward to seeing some Rhodesian combat vehicles in this scale and hearing more about the Rhodesian navy. I had considered making an AU where the Rhodies had managed to capture a corridor of land to Beira in Mozambique so they could land supplies more easily. I scrapped it since I'm not knowledgeable on the subject enough to make a proper AU.

[Profile] [Quote]
Vossiej
Post subject: Re: FD Scale VehiclesPosted: August 5th, 2010, 7:59 pm
How did you became so obsesed by Rhodesia, if I may ask? Did you had any relatives living there or something?

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: FD Scale VehiclesPosted: August 5th, 2010, 8:09 pm
Nope, it's just an interesting conflict we don't hear anything about, and no one seems to care about what happened either...

Yet another crime perpetrated by the United Nations and American Democrats, among others... but I digress...

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 50  [ 498 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 550 »

Jump to: