Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
Filthy-Prankd
Post subject: Aircraft designs that i modifiedPosted: July 16th, 2016, 3:41 am
Shown here are aircraft that i have modified.

Full credit goes to users that made the original aircraft: (Darth Panda, nighthunter, etc.)
Send me a quick message if i accidentally did not give credit to the creators of the aircraft.

[ img ]

More are to come soon.

[Profile]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Aircraft designs that i modifiedPosted: July 16th, 2016, 1:21 pm
First of all, welcome to the Shipbucket! :)

It's nice that You're trying, but I'm afraid that I can't really say anything genuinely positive about Your work.
1) Is it supposed to be Pe-2 or it's just a loose idea about "how would Pe-2 look if it look more like VI-100 and less than it actually looked like"? Because if it's supposed to be Pe-2, then it should be captioned "Soviet Union, Petlyakov Pe-2". Also the credits should be (Kilomuse & Filthy-Prankd) - made with more-or-less same font (which shouldn't be bold, and generally You ought to take care about anti-aliasing).
2) SB/FD drawings should have shading - parts that are oriented upwards should have lighter shade (becuse the light falls on them), while those oriented downwards should have darker shade.
3) As far as I know, both Soviet and Finnish Pe-2's didn't had camouflaged bottom parts of the wings (and fuselage etc. etc.).
http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww2/b/265/1/0
http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww2/b/265/78/0

4) And last but not least - although Pe-2 was a direct descendant of VI-100, trying to use the drawing of VI-100 to make Pe-2 is practically pointless, as the only major part that could be perhaps useful to retain from such drawing would be rear part of the fuselage - after sufficient adaptation (that is, without having aft crew compartment simply erased, leaving a huge dent in the upper fuselage :P ). In reality, the vertical stabilzers, wings, engine nacelles, cockpit and nose were all different in Pe-2.

[ img ]

It just so happens, that I'm working on Pe-2 right now and I believe that more correct representation would be more like this:

[ img ]

(and no, You're not supposed to use it at this point - not before it's "formally" posted on template and so on)

[Profile]
Filthy-Prankd
Post subject: Re: Aircraft designs that i modifiedPosted: July 16th, 2016, 6:39 pm
Sorry. I'm a first timer on making artwork on shipbucket. I'm not really a great artist when it comes to drawing aircraft.

[Profile]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Aircraft designs that i modifiedPosted: July 17th, 2016, 10:42 am
You did nothing to apologize for. I just advise You to try getting more practice and take more attention to details. :)

[Profile]
Filthy-Prankd
Post subject: Re: Aircraft designs that i modifiedPosted: July 17th, 2016, 11:30 am
well my bad.

[Profile]
Filthy-Prankd
Post subject: Re: Aircraft designs that i modifiedPosted: September 3rd, 2016, 4:22 am
After a few hiatus and school, i have returned, using WhyMe's A6M2-N model and modified to the legendary A6M. Don't know if I did good..

[ img ]

[Profile]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Aircraft designs that i modifiedPosted: September 3rd, 2016, 8:38 am
Regarding the drawing: do something with anti-aliasing of the captions, and credits now should be (WhyMe & Filthy-Prankd).

But more importantly: Remove that photograph from the signature! It's not something proper for your petty amusement.

[Profile]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Aircraft designs that i modifiedPosted: September 3rd, 2016, 9:22 am
Yea, guys, use common courtesy and politeness when regarding signatures and avatars. I fixed the issue now manually, lets not repeat it, ok?

[Profile]
Filthy-Prankd
Post subject: Re: Aircraft designs that i modifiedPosted: September 3rd, 2016, 1:56 pm
alright

[Profile]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Aircraft designs that i modifiedPosted: September 3rd, 2016, 5:51 pm
LOL, what was the signature? I missed it.

Filthy Frank as an avatar is a bit much for this forum, while I might laugh at it (I've been to the very depths of the internet and no depravity phases me), most of these guys won't understand it (certainly don't link his videos...)

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: