Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Belgian Submarine proposal 1906Posted: July 19th, 2016, 6:13 am
Thiel wrote:
Neat. Were any of them Danish by any chance? I keep running into references to this early design concep for the RDN from before they bought Dykkeren
The design of this submarine was heavy based on the Dutch submarine ''Luctor et Emergo'' which later become the O1. It was a submarine based on a Holland (II, I believe) frame, but with Dutch/German engineering and as well in cooperation with an Austrian engineer. As the Belgians didn't show interesteds anymore and ask for minelayers instead, this model would have been (acourding the building contracts and design files in the archives) aswell offered to Denmark and Sweden. Sweden would never get back to it, but there was a letter inside that a Danish officer came down from Copehagen along a German officer to visit the Dutch vessel and be a part of the public to look the ship doing submerge trails in the harbor. The Danish also followed the next type, which was offered to Denmark and Sweden as well. But these details I will have to research more, though. Archives are a mess currently.

[Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Belgian Submarine proposal 1906Posted: July 19th, 2016, 7:58 am
Excellent work Alex and a most interesting find, I've never heard of this one before and never knew Belgium had considered a submarine.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Belgian Submarine proposal 1906Posted: July 19th, 2016, 10:23 am
ALVAMA wrote:
Thiel wrote:
Neat. Were any of them Danish by any chance? I keep running into references to this early design concep for the RDN from before they bought Dykkeren
The design of this submarine was heavy based on the Dutch submarine ''Luctor et Emergo'' which later become the O1. It was a submarine based on a Holland (II, I believe) frame, but with Dutch/German engineering and as well in cooperation with an Austrian engineer. As the Belgians didn't show interesteds anymore and ask for minelayers instead, this model would have been (acourding the building contracts and design files in the archives) aswell offered to Denmark and Sweden. Sweden would never get back to it, but there was a letter inside that a Danish officer came down from Copehagen along a German officer to visit the Dutch vessel and be a part of the public to look the ship doing submerge trails in the harbor. The Danish also followed the next type, which was offered to Denmark and Sweden as well. But these details I will have to research more, though. Archives are a mess currently.
Cool, I'll file that for further reference. If you find out anything more do share.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Belgian Submarine proposal 1906Posted: July 19th, 2016, 10:28 am
Thiel wrote:
ALVAMA wrote:
Thiel wrote:
Cool, I'll file that for further reference. If you find out anything more do share.
Sure, I will))

[Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 14 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: