[ img ]

Best Regards,
Aart.

Projects:

The Kingdom of Rochfort in FD

[Profile]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 10Posted: November 26th, 2017, 2:14 pm
Very nice work. I've always thought the Stingray was had great lines for a tank.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 10Posted: November 26th, 2017, 11:40 pm
Thanks for your feedback, guys! Your input is as important as the guns depicted here!
Nice set of lorries, Madscotman! (one question, is the additament over the cab an air conditioning system?). And your light tank is awesome, Pegasus (the Stingray is one of my favorites, at least in aesthetics, light tanks)!

Another gun, this time a soviet one:
[ img ]
BS-3 is a 100 mm AT gun, also capable of long range HE fire. Based in a naval gun, it was used with success in the late stages of WWII, being able to destroy almost every axis tank. It is depicted post war with the soviet dark green drab. Cheers.

PS: I am not very sure about the lenght of the chamber, so the resizing can be wrong. I will be very pleased if someone of you guys can check the mesasurement of the barrel. Thanks.

[Profile]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 10Posted: November 27th, 2017, 12:25 am
And exported in several Soviet-friendly countries as well.
Wiki says 59,6 cal barrel length with the muzzle brake, not sure how accurate this info is.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/100_mm_ ... 944_(BS-3)

Last edited by odysseus1980 on November 28th, 2017, 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 10Posted: November 27th, 2017, 5:25 am
EXCELLENT work on the RMMV MANs old man :!:

May one enquire if the SWB Box Wagon and the SWB Radio Relay versions are on your to do list please :?:

There are also a shed load of RE Engineering vehicles and REME vehicles as well, if you were looking for ideas...

Finally, if the rest of your AU is as good as the above, then I for one can't wait to see it :D

Jolly WELL DONE old chap ;)

ps - VERY nice work also Aart & Reytuerto... Extremely nice work all round I'd say :D

[Profile]
Madscotsman
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 10Posted: November 27th, 2017, 12:16 pm
adenandy wrote: *
EXCELLENT work on the RMMV MANs old man :!:

May one enquire if the SWB Box Wagon and the SWB Radio Relay versions are on your to do list please :?:

There are also a shed load of RE Engineering vehicles and REME vehicles as well, if you were looking for ideas...

Finally, if the rest of your AU is as good as the above, then I for one can't wait to see it :D

Jolly WELL DONE old chap ;)

ps - VERY nice work also Aart & Reytuerto... Extremely nice work all round I'd say :D

Many thanks for the nice comments! They are appreciated!
If you can PM some extra references over if you have them, then certainly will be on my list! The hardest part I've found is finding decent references in particular side on shots.
Will be honest, not as much of my AU is my own as I'd like, alot of core civil vehicles are down to Glaciesfire and his amazing work with the Iveco family of vehicles for his Caribia AU. I have made a handful of vehicles though including a VW Transporter, Skoda Octavia Estate, Skoda Kodiaq and BMW 5 Series.

---
reytuerto wrote: *
Thanks for your feedback, guys! Your input is as important as the guns depicted here!
Nice set of lorries, Madscotman! (one question, is the additament over the cab an air conditioning system?).
To be 100% honest with you? I have absolutely no clue. It's just on every single British use MAN SV I've found references of, I believe it may well be, however they still have the observers hatch and capability of fitting a 7.62mm GPMG on top as part of the UOR underwhich they were originally purchased.
[ img ]

Discord - StoneMane (madscotsman)#2598

[Profile]
Cascadia
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 10Posted: November 27th, 2017, 5:29 pm
According to the following German page, which describes the HX-Series (http://panzerbaer.de/helper/xx_man_truc ... erie-a.htm), it is indeed a detachable module with an integrated air conditioning system.

[Profile]
Madscotsman
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 10Posted: November 27th, 2017, 5:53 pm
Cascadia wrote: *
According to the following German page, which describes the HX-Series (http://panzerbaer.de/helper/xx_man_truc ... erie-a.htm), it is indeed a detachable module with an integrated air conditioning system.
Excellent! Thank you, makes sense given the majority of the original vehicles were purchased as Urgent Operational Requirements for Op Herrick.

Discord - StoneMane (madscotsman)#2598

[Profile]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 10Posted: November 27th, 2017, 8:44 pm
@Reytuerto
I'm sorry to say, that I'm almost entirely sure that the BS-3 is very mis-scaled. I believe that barrel length is 5604mm incl. 4625mm it's rifled part, and total length of the gun 9370mm in transport position - and Yours is almost 13m long. :(
It's a big gun, but not that big. ;)
[ img ]

[ img ]

(on the other hand, You could try to add some details too ;) )

[Profile]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 10Posted: November 28th, 2017, 12:14 am
Hi Eswube! Yes, I was painfully wrong! An horrible miscalculation of the scale. I am working to correct it!

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 33 of 55  [ 548 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 131 32 33 34 3555 »

Jump to: