Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 7 of 19  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page « 15 6 7 8 919 »
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Koko - Civil Aviation (AU)Posted: March 2nd, 2017, 8:13 pm
Bombardier Dash-8:

Latest addition to Kita's fleet, by now rebranded as Coutei Connection, is the Bombardier Dash-8-Q400. The aircrafts are beign transferred from Koutei Koku mainline fleet as part of the rebranding process and fleet renewal. Currently 7 are in service, fitted for 74 passengers in a single class, with another 22 to follow in the next two years.
[ img ]

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

Last edited by BB1987 on March 3rd, 2017, 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rainmaker
Post subject: Re: Koko - Civil Aviation (AU)Posted: March 2nd, 2017, 9:41 pm
Greetings! Excellent work, I've really enjoyed watching this AU develop so far. I have noticed one inaccuracy in the Q400 drawing - the Bombardier Q400 is powered by Pratt & Whitney PW150A engines which drive six-bladed Dowty Aerospace propellers. I suspect that the propeller depicted in the Q400 drawing was copy and pasted from the Dash 8 Classic series which are fitted with four-bladed propellers.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Koko - Civil Aviation (AU)Posted: March 2nd, 2017, 9:55 pm
Yeah. They should have 6-bladed propeller. But it's not BB1987 fault. Only mine. :( :oops:

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Koko - Civil Aviation (AU)Posted: March 2nd, 2017, 10:01 pm
Rainmaker wrote:
I have noticed one inaccuracy in the Q400 drawing - the Bombardier Q400 is powered by Pratt & Whitney PW150A engines which drive six-bladed Dowty Aerospace propellers. I suspect that the propeller depicted in the Q400 drawing was copy and pasted from the Dash 8 Classic series which are fitted with four-bladed propellers.
You are right, I had not noticed this detail. And indeed, the blank Dash-8 sheet with the -200, -300 and -400 series all have the same 4-bladed propellers. I'll fix my AU drawings with a six-blade propeller as soon as I have the chance. (no need to be sorry Eswube, it can happen! There is no problem :) .)

Anyway, I'm done with Kita/Koutei Connection as well.

The next airline to come is not defined yet. It might be Koko Airways since I've already figured a livery for it, but I have to complete my MD-11 wip first in order to start on them. Nanpo no Kido or one of the low-cost carriers already have the planes they need but I have to come up with a livery for them first.

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: Koko - Civil Aviation (AU)Posted: March 3rd, 2017, 8:24 pm
Hello BB1987

Epic, that one, all of it.

I just wonder if Koko - being an advanced industrial nation after all - did not produce some domestic aircraft designs, at least on the commuter sector? There should be some historic never-wheres for you to hijack.

Greetings
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Koko - Civil Aviation (AU)Posted: March 3rd, 2017, 9:07 pm
Edit: fixed the propellers on the Q400s, thank to Eswube quick fix of the originals.
Garlicdesign wrote:
I just wonder if Koko - being an advanced industrial nation after all - did not produce some domestic aircraft designs, at least on the commuter sector? There should be some historic never-wheres for you to hijack.
I've honestly never went to dig into that matter. The only thing that came to my mind was a joint-venture between Kawasaki and some unfinalized Kokoan aerospace to build the XYP, a civilian twinjet version of the P-1. And I've ultmetely choose to go for some Thiarian homage by taking the toscaires.
With a bit of hindsight there are some extra possibilities other than the XYP: license-building some YS-11s for starters. Going again into a joint-venture or completely taking over the YS-33 project, basically a narrowbody DC-10. Or the even more obscure YSX, an YS-11 replacement that was killed off by the double strike of the Gulf War traffic slump and the 90s Japanese recession.

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Koko - Civil Aviation (AU)Posted: March 3rd, 2017, 9:45 pm
I know I did suggest an FD civil aviation add-on to Koko, but you really have made a fantastic job of it.

I would have to agree to GD's suggestion that I would have expected a bit more 'Koko' aircraft in the mix (especially the 40's to 60's, when smaller countries were still able to design, build, sell aircraft). Give you a bit more scope to indulge yourself in actually producing designs rather than just putting new liveries on mass produced aircraft. Koko is after all an AU and rather than following an historical timeline of aircraft you have the ability to throw whatever aircraft you like into the mix.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Koko - Civil Aviation (AU)Posted: March 8th, 2017, 2:57 pm
Krakatoa wrote: *
Koko is after all an AU and rather than following an historical timeline of aircraft you have the ability to throw whatever aircraft you like into the mix.
But that's exactly what I'm doing :P

Anyway, you two (you and GD) had made me thinkering a bit and I've jumped to the conlcusion that a few domestic-built turboprops wouldn't be bad for starters. I just need to decide which exact specs I want for the newer design (got the older one already ironed out) so I can far-fetch a domestic Aircraft Manufacturer behind them.

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Koko - Civil Aviation (AU)Posted: March 11th, 2017, 6:45 pm
EAC - Emperor Aerospace Consortium

EAC is the Kokoan major Aircraft manufacturer. it was enstablished on September 20th, 2001 through the merger of five different corporations and manufacturers. It is currently state-owned and has three different branches: Emperor Commercial Airplanes, Emperor Defense & Security and Emperor Aerospace. Other than being a contractor for both Boeing and GE Aviation, it is the main supplier for Kokoan armed forces, and produces a family of civilian turboprop airliners (the EAC-80-100 and -200) plus a small number of general-aviation models. A family of short-haul jetliners is currently under developement with a planned entry into service by late 2018.

One of the forerunners of EAC, and merged into it in 2001 to form the new company, was Kokunai Hikouki Seizougaisha (Domestic Airplanes Manufacturing Corporation), better known as KHS. Also state-owned, KHS was formed in 1973 to license-build the Japanese designed YS-11 turpoprop airliner. Forty-eight were built between 1974 and 1983, 21 for domestic airlines, 21 for military service and another six sold to foreign operators. The first domestic-designed regional airliner, the KHS-50, entered service in 1978, followed by an updated model in 1987. The model was a somewhat slow seller, but ultimately the over 170 airframes built allowed the manufacturer to launch a larger all-new design: the KHS-80.

After the 2001 merger, the KHS-80 was manufactured as the EAC-80-100, and augmented by the larger EAC-80-200. Sales ramped up and as of 2017 487 airframes of the EAC-80 family have been sold, with another 40+ on order. Very popular in the Southeast-Asia and Pacific market, the KHS and EAC turpoprops have ironically failed to won the market share they wished and still wish to obtain on the domestic market. Koutei Koku, the Kokoan flag-carrier, and its subsidiaries have always chosen their rival Bombardier or ATR models.

Models:
KHS-11 (license-build namc-ys-11)
KHS-50
KHS/EAC-80
EAC-150

-Koko - Civil Aviation

Last edited by BB1987 on April 2nd, 2017, 9:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Koko - Civil Aviation (AU)Posted: March 11th, 2017, 7:49 pm
KHS-50:

The KHS-50 is the first domestic design produced by Kokunai after the license-building of the YS-11s. Aiming at providing a smaller and more affordable plane for small regional airlines, the mjanufacturer designed what could be considered as a domestic direct competitor for both the Fokker and Fairchild-Hiller 27s, which proved to be widely popular in Kokoan regional service. The KHS-50-100 is a low-wing monoplanre with a conventional tail that cas seat up to 48 passengers. Kokunai based the cockpit design on the YS-11 to offer more commonality to airlines already operating both the Japanese and license-built vrersions. The airplane is 23,76 meters long, has a wingpsan of 27,48 and a MTOW (maximum-takeoff weight) of 18.809kg. Fitted with two General Electric GE CT7 turboprops, each sporting four bladed propellers, it can reach a cruise speed of 460 km/h and a service ceiling of 7.714m. Operationalrange is up to 2.177km.
The model entered service in 1978 with launch customer Megami Koku (which initially ordered two). The first order from a foreign airline came in 1982. However, sales were quite lackuster: 50 were built until 1993, 23 for Kokoan airlines, 25 for foreign users and two after an order for the Kokoan Air Force.

As an effort to improve sales, KHS produced the improved 50-200 model. The airframe was stretched to 25,62 meters of length, allowing to carry 56 to 60 passengers with a MTOW of 19.868kg. Engine wise, two P&W Canada PW125B turboprops, fitted with six bladed propellers replaced the CT7, allowing for an increased speed to 478 km/h. The drawback was a reduced range of 1.923km. The new model sold fairly better: Air Tenji was th launch customer, with an order for 8, and introduced the 50-200 in scheduled service in 1987. By the time production ended, in 2001, 122 airframes had left the assembly line. 31 were built for domestic airlines by 1996, the fastest start of a Kokoan airliner into the Kokoan market (the late KHS/EAC-80-100 AND EAC-80-200 both outsold the 50-200, but did not sell that fast at first). 87 were delivered to foreign customers and four as transport aircrafts for the Kokoan Navy.

Overall, 172 KHS-50 turboprops were built, 77 (all of the 50-200 model) are still in service: 2 in kokoan service, 4 with the Navy and 71 with foreign operators.

[ img ]

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 7 of 19  [ 190 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 15 6 7 8 919 »

Jump to: