Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 19 of 51  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page « 117 18 19 20 2151 »
adenandy
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 11Posted: December 17th, 2018, 11:49 am
Excellent work Chaps :!:

Especially well done Reytuerto on the old North Korean and Cuban kit, considering the references available... Jolly well done old bean... Would love to see more please :D

[Profile] [Quote]
SCRandall
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 11Posted: December 20th, 2018, 1:18 am
[ img ]
The Spähpanzer Ru 251
Fun fact, it's design is still mostly classified so it's a miracle if the WoT or WT performance models are accurate.

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 11Posted: December 20th, 2018, 5:57 am
Good evening.
Thanks Eswube and Andy (yes, getting any data of the cuban vehicles was a hard tank, specially the Paquito. The interésting thing is that now I Have lots of pictures of hybrid vehicles, using recycled or obsolete parts, sometimes the final vehicles are viable useful ones, but some others are in a definitive way inferior to the parent vehicle! I will upload the most realistic ones -or at least, the ones less outrageous ones ;) ).
Probably one of the most radical modernizations of a WWII era tank, the brazilian Bernardini X1A.
[ img ]

This modernization was made in the mid 1970s. It was a WWII Stuart light tank with a completely new turret. Upgunned with a brazilian built french 90 mm low pressure gun, with a new diesel engine and revised suspension, the range was vastly improved. It was used well until the late 1990s by the Brazilian Army.
Credits: The starting drawing was Darth Panda's well done Stuart. Thanks. Cheers.

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 11Posted: December 23rd, 2018, 3:42 pm
Good morning, gentlemen!
As I was saying to Andy, here are the drawings of the hybrid / recycled equipment found in the Middle / Far East.

[ img ]
This FSV was made by the Tamil Tigers in Ceylon (one of the few rebel armies in the world with armoured vehicles) mating the Type 63 chinese APC (with the engine relocated in the rear) with the turret of a Saladin (both of them former Sri Lankan Army vehicles). Later, it was captured by the Army of Sri Lanka during the last 2009 offensives.

[ img ]
This other, is an iranian SPAAG (reminiscent to a cuban AA vehicle), done with the chassis of a BTR-60 and an iranian made Sedad 23 twin 23 mm gun.

In the syrian scenario, there are lots of hybrid vehicles, some of them done mating obsolete but still useful vehicles, with any useful turret, like this APC made mating the hull of a soviet era BTR-152 and the turret of a BTR-60PB (unfortunatelly, I don´t know in which of the multiples armies in this very confusing war -at least for me- is serving):
[ img ]

Or this rather strange armoured vehicle done by the kurdish YPG mating the hull of a T-55 tank with the turret of a BMP-1 MICV (possible recycling useful parts of wrecked or disabled vehicles):
[ img ]

In the civil war in Yemen, we also saw some odd vehicles, mating western and eastern block materiel, like the (similar to the vehicle done in Djibouti) FSV done mating a BTR-60 PB with an AML-90 turret:
[ img ]

or this one, done mating the AML-90 hull with the ubiquitous KPV turret:
[ img ].

Credits: I used as starting line the vehicles of some of the most prominent artist in the FD scale: Caddaric, Darth Panda and Cplnew. Thanks to them. Cheers.

[Profile] [Quote]
Nestin
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 11Posted: December 23rd, 2018, 5:21 pm
Very interesting work, I love the Iranian BTR camouflage.

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 11Posted: December 23rd, 2018, 10:02 pm
EXCELLENT work reytuerto :!:

I truly can't WAIT to see more :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 11Posted: December 24th, 2018, 9:25 am
I love all these hybrid types, lesser known and intriguing. Great work reytuerto.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 11Posted: December 24th, 2018, 11:04 am
Great additions!

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 11Posted: December 29th, 2018, 7:10 pm
Good afternoon, gentlemen! My last entries of the year (and I think that this guys are absent from our archives):
[ img ]
This long range 175 mm gun was important to counter the soviet M-46 in the siege of Khe Sanh, and was a pivotal weapon in the destruction of the arab SAM sites east of the Suez cannal during the Yom Kippur war.
[ img ]
The M110 was a M115 203 mm howitzer mounted in a open chassis, with much less range than the M107, but with a powerful shell, as well as nuclear and chemical rounds. The last version M110A2 with a longer barrel was used by the 32nd Royal artillery regiment during the Gulf War, and also by two National Guard and one USMC batteries.
[ img ]
The ARV M578 uses an enclosed turret over the same chassis of the previous SP guns. It was deployed with this artillery for changing barrels and engines, as well as general maintenance.

[ img ]
This is the towed version 2A36, which is the stablemate of the SP version of the gun, 2S36 Giatsint S. A powerful, useful and surprisingly modern despite being fielded in 1976.
Happy New Year! Cheers!

PS: Once again edited. Thanks Caddaric for your aid!

Last edited by reytuerto on January 3rd, 2019, 2:04 am, edited 3 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 11Posted: December 30th, 2018, 11:21 am
Nice work! But I have a feeling You could work harder on detailing, esp. on Giatsint. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 19 of 51  [ 504 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 117 18 19 20 2151 »

Jump to: