Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 18 of 51  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page « 116 17 18 19 2051 »
llamaman2
Post subject: Re: FD AU 4Posted: April 7th, 2019, 1:24 pm
Love it. I always hoped the P-1 would end up as the RAF's Nimrod replacement when the Diet announced they would allow exports, but sadly not.

Currently working on:
The October War, 27-10-1962 (apparently forever);
"Saxonverse" alt-UK;
Federation of the Channel Islands AU;
Republic of Yopur & Andaman;
some sort of overarching AU;

Regaining my sanity.

[Profile] [Quote]
rifleman2
Post subject: Re: FD AU 4Posted: April 7th, 2019, 1:28 pm
llamaman2 wrote: *
Love it. I always hoped the P-1 would end up as the RAF's Nimrod replacement when the Diet announced they would allow exports, but sadly not.
cpuld still be done as an AU would look interesting in the Hemp scheme or the MR1 Grey white.
But other AU variants like AEW, ELINT etc could be interesting. Hopefully a blank P1 is released soon

[Profile] [Quote]
rifleman2
Post subject: Re: FD AU 4Posted: April 16th, 2019, 5:45 pm
[ img ]

Having faced criticism about poor investment in defence in a NATO report. The Canadian government was shamed into increasing its defence budget. One area that NATO had particularly highlighted was lack of Maritime patrol capability which had been steadily eroded. The activities of Russian, Chinese and North Korean submarines had been noted round the Atlantic, Arctic and Pacific coasts of Canada with serviceability of the CP104 Aurora fleet at embarassing levels. The Government decided a new platform was necessary. This was complicated by the on going dispute with Boeing over the Bombardier C series and some rather crass and undiplomatic comments by the US president during a visit to Boeing. (These comments also upset other NATO and friendly nations). These comments backfired spectacularly on Boeing.
Canada was keen to procure common equipment with NATO and Commonwealth Allies. With Germany, Netherlands, Poland and with assistance Italy, Spain and Portugal opting for the Kawasaki P1. This given the dispute with Boeing was the obvious choice as the suggestion by France and Germany of an Airbus MPA was prohibitivly expensive. France was keen to have EU commonality in its Atlantic replacement and along with the NATO countries the comments of the American President had poisoned the potential of a deal with Boeing along with Boeing's agressive marketing against Airbus.
Italy, Poland and Cezch republic also wanted an AEW system and the Canadians saw benefits to this and lobbied successfully for A wedgetail radar married to the P1 airframe (To keep commonality with UK and Turkey in NATO and Australia in the Commnwealth) which Kawasaki was only to pleased to go with (along with ELINT platforms for France and Germany). Where the NATO aircraft were to be built became an issue when a New Japanese government began to back away from arms exporting.
France was keen for Dassualt to build the Aircraft, the German company Dornier approached Kawaski. Both of thie bids failed due to some embarrassing and inept industrial espionage by the French and an industrial espionage and its insistance it should have a licence allowing it to export to whoever it chose and Kawasaki not being able to compete or export against French interest. the German government were alarmed at potential exports to.
Bombardier with a fairly low key bid won with production for the whole "North Atlantic Area" in Canada. Bombardier did spread some of its manufacturing out with engine Naccelles being made in Belfast. Tail assemblies in USA and components from Mexico and Morrocco.
The 21 Patrol and 12 AEW aircraft purchased by the Canadians were divided into East coast squadrons and training units Based at CFB Greenwood NS and a "Mixed" Sqn Based on the west coast at CFB Comox BC.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Cascadia
Post subject: Re: FD AU 4Posted: April 16th, 2019, 7:54 pm
I like that one.
Wish we could see the P-1 in service with the German Navy one day.

[Profile] [Quote]
Toxic Loki
Post subject: Re: FD AU 4Posted: April 19th, 2019, 12:48 pm
A new idea was around on my mind...
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
rifleman2
Post subject: Re: FD AU 4Posted: April 19th, 2019, 7:19 pm
[ img ]

32 (The Royal) Squadron Royal Airforce is the RAF's VIP transport squadron. It is meant to be for military use releasing capicity to transport Government ministers and royality only when not needed by the Military. It also took on an intra theatre transport role in Afghanistan which provided an useful capability. And was increased to have 4 BaE 146: 2 CC.2 and 2 C.3 as well as 1 AW 109.
With the tempo of military operations and deployments picking up and the deployment of British forces into the Baltic states and former Eastern Europe, the 146 fleet was begining to be stretched and needing replacement. There was some media and political debate with some politicians wanting more access to flights in exchange for reequipping the squadron. Service chief made some very good arguments especially in the face of some very poor reporting and spin. A very informative article by the Airforces monthly magazine showed 32 in its true role including the Aeromed evacuation of a service man from Poland to the UK. It was picked up by some of the more "informed press" and members of the defence select and procurement committee's. Who wanted replacement equipment but to keep costs down. It was felt given the entry into RAF service of the P8a Poseidon and E7a Wedgetail both based on the Boeing 737-700 & 800 series that the 737 would be a good choice. The US military already had a transport version in service the C-40A/B/C Clipper. Boeing was approached for 2 versions of the C40 aircraft a dedicated VIP aircraft like the C-40B and a convertable passanger/freighter like the C-40A. With some modifications to suit the RAF and ease logistcs with the Wedgetail and Poseidon aircraft. Boeing designated them C-40D and C-40E but in UK service they were named the Clipper CC.1 and the Clipper C.2. Both featured defensive aids suites. The C.2 havng a cargo door and capable of carrying up to 121 passengers. with a crew of 6. The CC.1 was more in an executive configuration and features advanced secure communications systems as well as defensive aids.

[ img ]

Last edited by rifleman2 on April 19th, 2019, 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: FD AU 4Posted: April 19th, 2019, 7:34 pm
I like seeing the Kawasaki P-1 serving with export customers. I would love to see P-1 in my AU as well, painted like OTL Lockheed P-3 Orion but under Royal Hellenic Navy Aviation. RHNA roundel is a white anchor in a blue cirle (or grey one in low visibilty color). Link of real life AB212 helicopter for the roundel:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 281%29.JPG

[Profile] [Quote]
rifleman2
Post subject: Re: FD AU 4Posted: April 19th, 2019, 8:48 pm
its easy enough to copy a paint scheme onto another aircraft. My Canadian P1's are based on Darth Panda's CP140 (canadion orion) scheme

the roundal isn't that complicated. Whats the OTL colour scheme?

Last edited by rifleman2 on April 20th, 2019, 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD AU 4Posted: April 20th, 2019, 8:06 am
Nice additions from everyone, some really good AU work here.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
SCRandall
Post subject: Re: FD AU 4Posted: April 26th, 2019, 4:13 pm
I decided to paint up some fictional schemes for the Re.2006 if they ever entered service. These do not follow a specific AU timeline and I just did whatever I thought would look the best.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 18 of 51  [ 503 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 116 17 18 19 2051 »

Jump to: