H.P.47 General Purpose
Dr. Victor Luchman, a German citizen, assisted HP with receiving captured German designs after the end of WW1, and in 1929 joined HP as a design engineer with an interest in advanced metal aircraft design. His first design was a single-engined mailplane concept, which unfortunately was not translated into an actual design as the requirement was for a twin-engined aircraft - even though Luchman's advanced single was superior to the specification.
Instead the design was reworked to specification G.4/31 for a military general purpose aircraft, fulfilling the roles of light transport, day/night bomber, and landbased torpedo bomber. The aircraft's advanced wing and handling technique meant that HP acquired a Heinkel HE64C light aircraft (of similar wing and gear design) for testing. The aircraft was initially fitted with a forward sliding canopy for easier emergency egress, however this was soon removed.
The aircraft was eventually only used for testing, and the specification was instead eventually transferred to the Vickers Wellesley.