Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ] 
Oberon II
Post subject: LVT-3 'Amtrac' request for informationPosted: March 3rd, 2020, 1:20 am
Hi there,

I've been endeavouring to draw (amongst other US and British variations on the theme) the LVT-3 'Bushmaster' in both it's WW2 and Korean War guises (LVT-3/LVT-3C) as a companion to DarthPanda's excellent series of 'Amtrac'/'Amtank' drawings already posted on this forum. The issue i've struck is that there doesn't seem to be a great deal of info on the LVT-3C (Post-war rebuild of the original with covered load compartment and MG turret) available on the great WWW outside of a few photo's which don't really help you scale things accurately.

If anyone knows of where I could get accurate plans/side-on photo's of these vehicles with which to complete my drawing i'd be grateful. I'm particularly looking for accurate information on the various grilles/hatches/blanking plates above the valances and the size/shape of the MG turret. What is shown below is my best attempt to date with the resources I have been able to scrounge off the internet, but i'm still not completely happy with it.

Please note that the drawing posted below is still very much a work in progress...

[ img ]

Cheers

[ img ]

AU Democratic Commonwealth of the Falkland Islands (DCFI) [under development]

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: LVT-3 'Amtrac' request for informationPosted: March 3rd, 2020, 7:28 am
That's some top quality, good job!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings”

Jump to: