Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
Cardinal
Post subject: HammerversePosted: May 30th, 2020, 9:06 pm
I decided to start up a project based around the sci fi book series Hammer's Slammers, about a mercenary hover tank regiment in the far future. Here's the first of hopefully many drawings of the many vehicles used in this universe.

[ img ]
[ img ]
The M2 Blower is a hover tank designed by Icarus Industries and used heavily by the titular Hammer's Slammers regiment. Originally using a 15cm power gun, the armament was quickly upgraded to the 20cm Solothurn T3 due to the increasingly weaker penetration capabilities of the 15cm. The commander's cupola features a 3cm power gun, linked to an AI network and used mainly as anti air. The Blower has been proven as a robust, reliable, and highly upgradeable vehicle in countless engagements by both the Slammers and various other mercenary groups.
Though there is not really any official artwork of the blower or most Hammerverse vehicles, I used the design from the miniature wargame.

Last edited by Cardinal on June 1st, 2020, 1:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Kattsun
Post subject: Re: HammerversePosted: May 31st, 2020, 2:02 am
This is good.

I think in one of the stories also (Rolling Hot?) the tanks have little bombs around them to kill infantry that get too close. IIRC that is also on the skirt, or near it. There's no official art but there is a fair bit of descriptions of the tanks in the stories anyway.

I might be misremembering but I think also in that story it's mentioned that the skirt is covered in metal armor.

The Chinese people are not to be cowed by U.S. atomic blackmail. Our country has a population of 600 million and an area of 9.6 [million sq. km]. The United States cannot annihilate the Chinese nation with its small stack of atom bombs. Even if the U.S. atom bombs were so powerful that, when dropped on China, they would make a hole right through the earth, or even blow it up, that would hardly mean anything to the universe as a whole, though it might be a major event for the solar system.

[Profile] [Quote]
Cardinal
Post subject: Re: HammerversePosted: May 31st, 2020, 7:12 am
Kattsun wrote: *
This is good.

I think in one of the stories also (Rolling Hot?) the tanks have little bombs around them to kill infantry that get too close. IIRC that is also on the skirt, or near it. There's no official art but there is a fair bit of descriptions of the tanks in the stories anyway.

I might be misremembering but I think also in that story it's mentioned that the skirt is covered in metal armor.
You're probably thinking of the "steel plenum" skirt, which is accurately depicted. Also I remember what you are talking about, iirc they're described as sort of ERA armor to deter infantry using buzz bombs. That might actually be the four vent looking oval things, I’m not sure.

[Profile] [Quote]
Cardinal
Post subject: Re: HammerversePosted: June 1st, 2020, 1:30 am
M2A4AU and M2A2 have been added.

[Profile] [Quote]
Cardinal
Post subject: Re: HammerversePosted: June 1st, 2020, 7:26 am
The M6 Combat Car is an early modular hover design by Icarus Industries. It is a lightweight and compact vehicle, necessary for the weaker propulsion systems available at the time. The open topped base vehicle uses a crew of five: two gunners manning 1cm power guns each, a driver, and three passengers or miscellaneous crewmen. It is able to mount a variety of heavier weapons and served as the mainstay of combat cars for the Slammers until the arrival of the significantly larger M9 Combat Car (to come soon).
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings”

Jump to: