Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 14 of 51  [ 506 posts ]  Go to page « 112 13 14 15 1651 »
orionfield
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 17Posted: August 28th, 2020, 9:27 pm
Yes, I did ask for Eswube's help, because I wanted to improve my work to get it accepted into the archive. I did it first for my Pitcairn PA-5 Mailwing, then for my deHavilland DH.84M Dragon, and most recently for the YAL-1A. That being said, I was not happy with the way i was getting those comments. It was hurtful and insulting, but I tried to get a thicker skin about and just nod and smile, and do my best to improve. But honestly, its getting really hard do that, and it was starting to take the joy out of this hobby for me.

I also don't appreciate being told that I don't know how to research. When I work on a project, I do hours of research, looking at as many photos as I can fine, comparing line drawings to photos, and even looking at videos to see if there are other details that I am missing.

I am not one to back down from anything. Thats why I challenge myself to draw new aircraft instead of only recoloring existing ones from the archive.

The image of the Emblems on the YAL-1A that Eswube shared was from an earlier iteration, not the one that I recently posted. And yes, I was trying to just resize .svg files of the actual emblems, which I have not done since then. The three logos on there now, have been completely hand drawn, and I am very proud of how they turned out.

For the Y-10, looked at those exact same photos, and watched flight videos of the aircraft on youtube to see it from other angles. And while It is not perfect I thought it was pretty close, based on the limited sources available. Also, for the record, I look 1143M's Y-10 and shortened it to the correct length, and then redrew the rear fuselage, to make it match the photos, and the new length. Then I used the JT3D engines that I had left over from my 367-80 project, and mated them to the existing wings. Finally, I changed the cockpit windows to be closer to what I saw in the photos. Any hard corners on that were left over from the original drawing, and I will admit, that I didn't notice them.

I even have other users peer review my work before I post it on the forum. So don't tell me that I'm lazy and don't try. This is nowhere near effortless for me. I work very hard on my drawings, and up until now, really enjoyed doing it.

I also kept saying in our conversations, Eswube, through all of your comments and expressed frustrations, that I appreciated your help, and that I had nothing but respect for you, your expertise and knowledge.

I try to learn from my previous mistakes, and have always been a slow learner. But I don't give up, and I keep trying until I get something right.

Work List:
Eastern Air Lines Fleet History
Around the world challenge
US Attack Aircraft History

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 17Posted: August 28th, 2020, 10:17 pm
orionfield wrote: *
That being said, I was not happy with the way i was getting those comments. It was hurtful and insulting...
Indeed, I admit that recently, with YAL-1 (in PMs) I ran out of being nice (possibly with DH.84 there could be some early signs of it too).
But I'd argue that I started being fairly kind (viewtopic.php?p=187203#p187203), and managed to somewhat keep it for a while (viewtopic.php?p=192269#p192269). I'd argue that this (viewtopic.php?p=193542#p193542) wasn't yet insulting and am not sure what could be hurtful here (viewtopic.php?p=195649#p195649).
I do hours of research, looking at as many photos as I can fine, comparing line drawings to photos, and even looking at videos to see if there are other details that I am missing.
Actually that made me puzzled. I saw Your external website and contents there were actually perfectly fine, but Your performance here (especially all these conundrums with YAL-1's nose) made nothing to convince me about your dedication towards making research.
The image of the Emblems on the YAL-1A that Eswube shared was from an earlier iteration, not the one that I recently posted. And yes, I was trying to just resize .svg files of the actual emblems, which I have not done since then. The three logos on there now, have been completely hand drawn, and I am very proud of how they turned out.
Yes, that's true. But You hand drawn them (all three of them? including ACC one?) only after I was indeed really nasty about it.
it was starting to take the joy out of this hobby for me.
up until now, really enjoyed doing it.
That makes two of us. :roll:

[Profile] [Quote]
Cunardfan
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 17Posted: August 28th, 2020, 11:09 pm
N95SW conducted the last 737-200 flight for Southwest Airlines on the morning of January 17th, 2005, although its last regularly scheduled flight occurred several days earlier. It was originally delivered new to Southwest in May 1983. After retirement with Southwest, it changed hands several times, including Iraqi Airways among several carriers. It returned to the United States in 2011, as of 2015 was stored by a private owner.

[ img ]

Cunard Line Ascania (final 1950s configuration)
Cunard Line RMS Aquitania

[Profile] [Quote]
orionfield
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 17Posted: August 29th, 2020, 1:22 am
Cunardfan, that is a great 737! Love the story behind it! One of these days, I need to draw an SWA 737-200 in Canyon Blue!.

Eswube,
Quote:
Yes, that's true. But You hand drawn them (all three of them? including ACC one?) only after I was indeed really nasty about it.
I concede, that one is yours, and I am proud of the other two, that I hand drew, after your encouragement.
Quote:
orionfield wrote: * Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:27 pm
I do hours of research, looking at as many photos as I can fine, comparing line drawings to photos, and even looking at videos to see if there are other details that I am missing.
Actually that made me puzzled. I saw Your external website and contents there were actually perfectly fine, but Your performance here (especially all these conundrums with YAL-1's nose) made nothing to convince me about your dedication towards making research.
Which one? My professional portfolio or my DeviantArt?
Quote:
orionfield wrote: * Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:27 pm
That being said, I was not happy with the way i was getting those comments. It was hurtful and insulting...
Indeed, I admit that recently, with YAL-1 (in PMs) I ran out of being nice (possibly with DH.84 there could be some early signs of it too).
But I'd argue that I started being fairly kind (viewtopic.php?p=187203#p187203), and managed to somewhat keep it for a while (viewtopic.php?p=192269#p192269). I'd argue that this (viewtopic.php?p=193542#p193542) wasn't yet insulting and am not sure what could be hurtful here (viewtopic.php?p=195649#p195649).
I also concede that I should have said "Some comments" instead of "those." But for the record, regardless of how you said them, just about everything you said to me was useful and helpful. And if I am not mistaken, I apologized to you more than once for frustrating you, and continue to be sorry for being frustrating, but I just want to improve my work, and fill in gaps in the archive.

Speaking of adding new aircraft,

Beechcraft C99 Airliner, in Varig and Eastern liveries
[ img ]

Work List:
Eastern Air Lines Fleet History
Around the world challenge
US Attack Aircraft History

[Profile] [Quote]
Cunardfan
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 17Posted: August 29th, 2020, 1:33 am
Next up something smaller, a Saab 340B ordered by Mesaba Airlines (Northwest Airlink) and delivered in September 1997 and operated through the Northwest/Delta merger until 2010. Currently operates for Pacific Coastal (WestJet Link) in Canada.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Ukraineball
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 17Posted: August 29th, 2020, 11:26 am
Boeing 777-200/-200ER - VARIG - (2001-2006)
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
gral
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 17Posted: August 29th, 2020, 12:36 pm
Will you do PP-VPP's 1998 World Cup livery?

[Profile] [Quote]
Ukraineball
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 17Posted: August 29th, 2020, 2:25 pm
gral wrote: *

Yes.

[Profile] [Quote]
gral
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 17Posted: August 30th, 2020, 2:48 pm
Ukraineball wrote: *
gral wrote: *

Yes.
I expected you would do it, it's VARIG's most famous livery...

I remember, as a VARIG maintenance engineer intern, going inside recently arrived PP-VRB and oohing and aahing at the flight deck and passenger seats. PP-VRC and VRD were former British Airlines aircraft that were lemons, hated by the passengers and too short-legged to be put on Europe and New York routes, being confined to flying Rio/São Paulo - Miami flights - VARIG acquired them because the lease was dirty cheap. Even then, they weren't worth it - British had three other 777s of the same model they never manage to push on anyone else, and AFAIK were still flying them before COVID. PP-VRD holds the dubious distinction of being the first 777 to be scrapped, on December 2006(eleven years after its first flight). As far as the internet can tell me, VRC is flying on a Gabon airline.

[Profile] [Quote]
Cunardfan
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 17Posted: August 31st, 2020, 6:05 am
Braniff Airways originally purchased 11 Lockheed L188 Electra's in the late 1950s. Nine of which would be painted in the companies pastel livery introduced in 1965, all would have left the fleet by 1971.

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 14 of 51  [ 506 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 112 13 14 15 1651 »

Jump to: