Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 51 of 53  [ 525 posts ]  Go to page « 149 50 51 52 53 »
raafif
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 12Posted: October 20th, 2022, 12:47 am
[ img ]

Last edited by raafif on December 11th, 2022, 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
pegasus206
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 12Posted: October 26th, 2022, 12:11 pm
Did remake the Scania trucks as i did see the old ones are to big

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Best Regards,
Aart.

Projects:

The Kingdom of Rochfort in FD

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 12Posted: October 26th, 2022, 2:48 pm
did I miss a digit? good drawing anyway

[Profile] [Quote]
Torpid_Hunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 12Posted: October 29th, 2022, 10:47 pm
German Leopard 2A5
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 12Posted: November 2nd, 2022, 8:15 pm
Pegasus206
Excellent work!

Torpid_Hunter
Your drawings are characterized great attention to detail, but I have to point Your attention to the fact, that angular breaks in SB/FD are always marked by darker shade, not lighter, and IMHO the shading of wheels on Your works tend to be overdone.

[Profile] [Quote]
Torpid_Hunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 12Posted: November 4th, 2022, 5:14 am
eswube wrote: *
Pegasus206
Excellent work!

Torpid_Hunter
Your drawings are characterized great attention to detail, but I have to point Your attention to the fact, that angular breaks in SB/FD are always marked by darker shade, not lighter, and IMHO the shading of wheels on Your works tend to be overdone.
I see! I haven't thought of that as a hard rule but I do understand. I'll try and make some necessary improvements. I do think though that using a lighter shade for 'softer' or smoother angle breaks is something that should happen though, just because I believe a darker shade sometimes looks a bit odd thise kinds of details--, especially for the Leopard 2. If I had used a darker shade for the angled turret I think it would've looked way too much like a cheese wedge and so would've looked a bit strange. As for the wheels, I do understand. I'll try and tone down the shading and highlighting and shenanigans on that one...I just feel as though quite a few roadwheels look like circular slabs of steel, when they actually do have depth (hence why my wheels look so odd because I want it to look not like a slab).

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 12Posted: November 5th, 2022, 10:24 am
I'm afraid that it is a hard rule (it applies also to panel lines like on Your Me 262), even if it makes the Leo 2 turret look like a cheese wedge. ( ;) ) I believe that there are old posts made by Admins who specifically stated so (though it might take quite some time to dig them out).

As for the wheels - showing of depth in principle would be ok, but for example there are 3 shades used on that external black-ish layer (looks like they might be made of rubber, so perhaps we could call them tires) and their shape don't suggest the need for 1-2 of these shades (after all, they aren't "balloon-shaped" like, say, low pressure tires, so at most there could be one shade for that part that's shaded by track covers and another for unshaded part - but I'm not sure if the SB/FD style demands that the covers put so much shade on the outside-most parts of the wheels).

[Profile] [Quote]
Torpid_Hunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 12Posted: November 7th, 2022, 1:31 am
eswube wrote: *
I'm afraid that it is a hard rule (it applies also to panel lines like on Your Me 262), even if it makes the Leo 2 turret look like a cheese wedge. ( ;) ) I believe that there are old posts made by Admins who specifically stated so (though it might take quite some time to dig them out).

As for the wheels - showing of depth in principle would be ok, but for example there are 3 shades used on that external black-ish layer (looks like they might be made of rubber, so perhaps we could call them tires) and their shape don't suggest the need for 1-2 of these shades (after all, they aren't "balloon-shaped" like, say, low pressure tires, so at most there could be one shade for that part that's shaded by track covers and another for unshaded part - but I'm not sure if the SB/FD style demands that the covers put so much shade on the outside-most parts of the wheels).
I see! I would say I was also a bit uneasy with the shading for the tires later on (excessive highlighting and shading...). I suppose my reasoning was that more light would hit that part, mostly because light comes from the top right (probably not a valid reason). I'll make the changes and also try and stick to more traditional SB practices with future real stuff!

[Profile] [Quote]
MOTEGONFIO
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 12Posted: November 17th, 2022, 12:10 pm
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
MOTEGONFIO
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 12Posted: November 18th, 2022, 4:59 pm
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 51 of 53  [ 525 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 149 50 51 52 53 »

Jump to: