Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ] 
TakasugiEisaku
Post subject: Modern Warships Discussion About Modern BattleshipsPosted: March 1st, 2024, 3:36 pm
this is the only thing close to what a modern battleship we will have
[ img ]

if i had the shape design of this i will modify it with us navy electronics and give it armor similar in thickness to a deutschland-class pocket battleship but with an all or nothing armor scheme and the armor will be composit or chobham the ship will have 6 254mm guns in 2 triple turrets and will use mark 41 vls launchers at the stern around 160 cells and an additional 90 cells forward replacing the s-300 launchers and will have the aegis combat system and will have 8 30mm goalkeepers as it's ciws

modification 2
the same but more missiles but the gun layout will be similar to kirov but with two ak-130's instead of two ak-100's and their will be use of f-35b's as recon and own air squadron (but will only carry 3 of them as the stern and hangar will be modified to carry more than one as the aft of the ship will be raised to level with the hull to add the additional hangar space) and will replace the CONAS (combined nuclear and steam) layout with COSAG (combined steam and gas) the place where the former russian radars located at is gonna have antennas from ticonderoga's to take their place

Note: how will you modify and improve the design and upgrade it to make it a threat to aircraft carriers

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Modern Warships Discussion About Modern BattleshipsPosted: March 1st, 2024, 5:38 pm
IIRC, the Kirov class and other nuclear heavy combatants were already developed to be a threat to aircraft carriers.

The modifications you describe probably make the ship as expensive as an aircraft carrier, and I know what I would rather have if I spend that much money.

[Profile] [Quote]
TakasugiEisaku
Post subject: Re: Modern Warships Discussion About Modern BattleshipsPosted: March 2nd, 2024, 3:42 am
acelanceloet wrote: *
IIRC, the Kirov class and other nuclear heavy combatants were already developed to be a threat to aircraft carriers.

The modifications you describe probably make the ship as expensive as an aircraft carrier, and I know what I would rather have if I spend that much money.
well i want to know what will your modification to it will be to improve it's anti-air anti-ship and anti-submarine capabilities and make it more formiddable to confront and make sure the price of building one is 9.5 billion and the oprating cost must be half of what a carriers costs to operate

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Modern Warships Discussion About Modern BattleshipsPosted: March 2nd, 2024, 8:56 am
huh?

[Profile] [Quote]
TakasugiEisaku
Post subject: Re: Modern Warships Discussion About Modern BattleshipsPosted: March 3rd, 2024, 1:56 pm
huh?
what i am saying is that how will you upgrade the ship and by making it around 9.5 billion for the price to build a modified variant of it

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Modern Warships Discussion About Modern BattleshipsPosted: March 3rd, 2024, 2:07 pm
TakasugiEisaku wrote: *
huh?
what i am saying is that how will you upgrade the ship and by making it around 9.5 billion for the price to build a modified variant of it
If you want to find that out, just go look at how Russia is "upgrading" the sister ship. There is your answer.

[Profile] [Quote]
TakasugiEisaku
Post subject: Re: Modern Warships Discussion About Modern BattleshipsPosted: March 4th, 2024, 6:56 am
heuhen wrote: *
TakasugiEisaku wrote: *
huh?
If you want to find that out, just go look at how Russia is "upgrading" the sister ship. There is your answer.
that is not what i meant if other nations had the design ie china or other nations that used former soviet ships how will they modify it upgrades are upgrades but what i am saying is modifications that makes it exceed the original in performance like turn the design into a modern battleship by changing it's role and designation it was a heavy guided-missile cruiser by the russians but the west just called it a battlecruiser so in the role the ship must be a guided-missile battleship by having armor identical in thickness to the deutschland-clasa pocket battleship but uses modern composites and the focus on large and powerfull missiles that can mission kill any surface ship or carrier in a few volleys of missiles or another volley to sink it the anti-submarine weapons will be there to defend itself against submarines but they may likely be minimal but enough to deter submarines

note: this is on my part but don't take it as an argument it is something that i got an idea with to speculate what will modern battleships may look like the battleship challenge here on shipbucket forums alway have guns and take somewhat a world war 2 approach where i look to is the modern times with big fast missiles dealing serious damage in a few volleys this is where i hit a dead end as battleships were discarded after world war 2 sure the us used them in the cold war by modernizing their old world war 2 era iowa-class but i want to envision what modern battleships may look like if they had continued and evolve like their cruiser counterparts and destroyers counterparts

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Modern Warships Discussion About Modern BattleshipsPosted: March 4th, 2024, 10:40 am
Except the west didn't call it a battlecruiser.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic”

Jump to: