Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 5  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Thiel
Post subject: Re: what Naval books have you been reading?Posted: August 6th, 2012, 1:56 pm
Being the tech nerd that I am I'm reading The U-Boat: The Evolution and Technical History of German Submarines by Rossler, Fast Figthing Boats by Foch and Selandia - The Worlds First Oceanic Motorship by Anders Riis.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Morten812
Post subject: Re: what Naval books have you been reading?Posted: August 6th, 2012, 3:41 pm
R. A. Burt's "British Battleships of World War"

And

Oscar Parkes: British battleships : "Warrior" 1860 to "Vanguard" 1950 : a history of design, construction and armament

Morten Jensen
Randers
Denmark

Traffic Manager

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: what Naval books have you been reading?Posted: August 6th, 2012, 8:13 pm
travestytrav25 wrote:
Trojan wrote:
Sorry to comment in an old thread but I am currently reading Neptune's Inferno by James D. Hornfischer
Its about the U.S. Navy at Guadalcanal and is an excellent read
That's actually on my list of books to read. I'll probably start it after the book I'm currently reading. Hornfischer is a great author. I highly, highly recommend his Last Stand of the Tin Can Sailors, about the Battle off Samar. One of the best naval history books I've ever read.
Glad to hear that :D :D I'll be sure to check out Last Stand of the TIn Can Sailors when I'm done, Thanx!! :D

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
seeker36340
Post subject: Re: what Naval books have you been reading?Posted: August 6th, 2012, 10:47 pm
Sea of Thunder by Evan Thomas, awaiting Freidman's revised destroyer book, and Ronald Spector's War at Sea most recently. Also my old Combat Fleets of the World, 1986/87 to see what it was like for probably the last time that the western world had fleets.

[Profile] [Quote]
Scifibug
Post subject: Re: what Naval books have you been reading?Posted: August 7th, 2012, 12:59 am
Crash Dive edited by Martin H. Greenberg

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: what Naval books have you been reading?Posted: August 8th, 2012, 2:40 pm
Soviet Military Power,1987 version.It has several pages for Soviet Navy,even a comparison between USA and USSR in that period.

[Profile] [Quote]
travestytrav25
Post subject: Re: what Naval books have you been reading?Posted: August 9th, 2012, 8:05 pm
Just got my copy of Friedman's US Destroyers: Revised Edition to add to my Friedman collection. Skimmed through it already and I'll read it more thoroughly later. I love all the never-built concept drawings he always has in his books.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: what Naval books have you been reading?Posted: August 14th, 2012, 8:08 pm
Conways All the World's Fighting Ships 1860-1905 which I picked up for £2.50!

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: what Naval books have you been reading?Posted: August 14th, 2012, 8:21 pm
One Hundred Days by Admiral Sandy Woodward.

[Profile] [Quote]
Charybdis
Post subject: Re: what Naval books have you been reading?Posted: August 25th, 2012, 8:08 pm
Just started Sea of Thunder by Evan Thomas. So far so good.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 5  [ 41 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: