Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
Cruel2BEkind
Post subject: Warships to LybiaPosted: September 13th, 2012, 1:03 am
Been reported that the USS McFaul and the USS Laboon have been set to cruise the coastlines near Lybia.

My opinion is that they will not fire those tomahawk missiles that those ships carry...

http://news.yahoo.com/us-officials-2-wa ... 47807.html

Last edited by Cruel2BEkind on September 14th, 2012, 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Warships to LybiaPosted: September 13th, 2012, 2:27 am
Cruel2BEkind wrote:
Been reported that the USS McFaul and the USS Laboon have been set to cruise the coastlines near Lybia.

My opinion is that they will fire those tomahawk missiles that those ships carry...

http://news.yahoo.com/us-officials-2-wa ... 47807.html
I seriously doubt it. I expect that they will support US and NTC operations against the al qaeda affiliated forces in Libya.

Edit: Also, Tomahawks have a really bad response times for missions like this.

[Profile] [Quote]
seeker36340
Post subject: Re: Warships to LybiaPosted: September 13th, 2012, 1:53 pm
Plus, whom would they shoot them at?

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Warships to LybiaPosted: September 13th, 2012, 3:34 pm
I wholly agree with Tim on this issue! Tomahawks is the primitive gut-response that we so don't need right now; a typical Sarah Palin/ Rush Limbaugh/ Glenn Beck/ Mitt Romney response! Yes, we need to somehow bring the perps to account, but the most important thing is that we condemn these extreme-right-wing nutheads who needlessly are stirring up trouble and provoking people's tender senses. It is on those shoulder I lay fairly and squarely the blame of Amb. Chris Stevens' untimely, tragic death!

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Warships to LybiaPosted: September 13th, 2012, 3:44 pm
I've viewed this video - the one promoted by this Jones person; its difficult to find the words to describe just how bad it is - for everyone.

[Profile] [Quote]
devil505
Post subject: Re: Warships to LybiaPosted: September 13th, 2012, 4:32 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
I wholly agree with Tim on this issue! Tomahawks is the primitive gut-response that we so don't need right now; a typical Sarah Palin/ Rush Limbaugh/ Glenn Beck/ Mitt Romney response! Yes, we need to somehow bring the perps to account, but the most important thing is that we condemn these extreme-right-wing nutheads who needlessly are stirring up trouble and provoking people's tender senses. It is on those shoulder I lay fairly and squarely the blame of Amb. Chris Stevens' untimely, tragic death!
That's like people blaming a fork and spoon for their weight problems.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Warships to LybiaPosted: September 13th, 2012, 5:10 pm
No, devil505, it's not, and you stating that, which, of course is your right to do, I think shows a lack of perception and perspective. But, like I said, it's your opinion...
Now, there are always underlying factors at play, but there's no need to put the match to the wicker, like this Jones guy -if that's his real name, did. Those who entice sectarian, popular or ethnic violence, they shall be blamed and cursed in equal measure as those who actually perpetrates a crime, encouraged thusly. Yes, we have free speech in the US, but that doesn't mean we need to condone or excuse wholly irresponsible behavior and utterances!

[Profile] [Quote]
jezza
Post subject: Re: Warships to LybiaPosted: September 14th, 2012, 12:40 am
bezobrazov wrote:
Now, there are always underlying factors at play, but there's no need to put the match to the wicker, like this Jones guy -if that's his real name, did. Those who entice sectarian, popular or ethnic violence, they shall be blamed and cursed in equal measure as those who actually perpetrates a crime, encouraged thusly. Yes, we have free speech in the US, but that doesn't mean we need to condone or excuse wholly irresponsible behavior and utterances!
Hear hear!

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Warships to LybiaPosted: September 14th, 2012, 2:49 am
My bad, actually! I should've realized that the nutcase 'Jones' is the Pastor Terry Jones in FLA. A dimwit, crazy, bigotted and entirely irrational person, whose mission in life seems to be to increase the misery among his fellow citizens - and who dares to blaspheme by calling himself a Christian. The other weirdo's name seems to be Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, a Coptic alien resident Egyptian, with a criminal past. He is the 'film maker'. I hope the FBI can do something about these dangerous looneys, though I have very little hope...

[Profile] [Quote]
Raxar
Post subject: Re: Warships to LybiaPosted: September 14th, 2012, 3:35 am
bezobrazov wrote:
I hope the FBI can do something about these dangerous looneys
Agreed. :|

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." ~Ludwig Wittgenstein

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: