Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
Charybdis
Post subject: What shall we do with the drunken sailor?Posted: November 4th, 2012, 2:43 am
What do you expect after shore leave in Vladivostok?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/feedarticle/10513881

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: What shall we do with the drunken sailor?Posted: November 4th, 2012, 2:00 pm
To borrow a turn of phrase from the late Captain Carroll “Lex” Lefon, "Exploding Command pins, Activated."

[Profile] [Quote]
seeker36340
Post subject: Re: What shall we do with the drunken sailor?Posted: November 4th, 2012, 4:15 pm
Well there's a reason they distill vodka....

I was standing brow watch in 1974 in Subic when our task force CO ( a rear admiral!) came back from liberty with two bottles of White Castle rum and two little cuties. He was quite jolly as you can imagine (as were the cuties) and it took some diplomacy on the part of the OOD (and eventually the captain of the Long Beach and the task force chief of staff) to explain that he couldn't take his guests to his cabin. I am not sure what ever became of the rum...

[Profile] [Quote]
Scifibug
Post subject: Re: What shall we do with the drunken sailor?Posted: November 9th, 2012, 6:16 am
Yeah there was a toga party on the USS Doyle that the CO told me never happened.

Followed by a lecture to my wife that what I write in my letters is not to be repeated at the Navy Wives Club. :oops:

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: What shall we do with the drunken sailor?Posted: November 9th, 2012, 6:51 pm
Remember my stepfather told me that he and two other emptied one of those old Fregats officers bar when they was in Shetland or Iceland. They took all the alcohol with them up to a TV mast on the island, had a planked down and placed all alcohol on it and got so drunk that the Captain of the Fregat had to order a helicopter to lift them down!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic”

Jump to: