Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 19 of 23  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page « 117 18 19 20 2123 »
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Vacation Announcement ThreadPosted: August 26th, 2015, 11:00 pm
This weekend I am off on a small trip, with the 100 employee from my work place.

the plan is to take bus from here I live to Oslo, Friday morning, and then take the DFDS Seaways to Copenhagen, be around there for a day, then back to Norway... most of the time goes to party on the boat, so yeah... :D

After a week where I have been working from 1500 to 0100.... I need it!

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Vacation Announcement ThreadPosted: December 9th, 2015, 12:17 am
A bunch of issues finally led me to get rid of my older HD and switch from XP to 7. Be reassured, not a single drawing was lost in the process. Now I just need some time to ge myself accustomed with Windows7 version of Paint (which appears to have changed a bunch of things after beign basically the same since Windows98..) and I'll be back in action.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Vacation Announcement ThreadPosted: December 9th, 2015, 12:38 am
If you want you good old paint back then just google for Windows version and paint (Windows XP paint). It's out there for free... paint is always free.

The old WinXP paint.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia ... t-XP.shtml

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Vacation Announcement ThreadPosted: December 9th, 2015, 12:54 am
This sounds good Heuhen, tomorow I'll "play" with it for sure. Thanks!

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: Vacation Announcement ThreadPosted: December 9th, 2015, 9:48 am
BB1987 wrote:
to get rid of my older HD and switch from XP to 7.
Move directly from XP to Window 10 ! :mrgreen:

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Vacation Announcement ThreadPosted: March 19th, 2016, 10:32 pm
Just now I am on a buss to the airport. Next stop Berlin for a week. I will still be online.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Vacation Announcement ThreadPosted: March 21st, 2016, 9:09 pm
Enjoy your visit. Berlin is beautiful and interesting, to say the least :)

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Vacation Announcement ThreadPosted: March 31st, 2016, 3:24 am
Colombamike wrote:
Move directly from XP to Window 10 ! :mrgreen:
I was forced to do that recently...got on Microsoft's FB page and told them exactly what I thought of being forced to change systems, too. I was perfectly happy with 7. :evil:

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Vacation Announcement ThreadPosted: April 14th, 2016, 8:56 pm
Five months ago I had completely revamped my old PC in order to get rid of all the small teething problems affecting it's performance (the posts about it are still here at the top of this page). so that I could enjoy a new machine on par with modern standards for a long time without having to worry about lag or worn-out operating system and components.
It worked splendidly without a single issue, until last Sunday. Around mid-day my PC froze, then it happened a few more times the next days. I've checked if the case was clean inside, if everything was properly connected, if the various connectors were dirty: All was ok. No viruses were detected between two internal and three external HDs. After a brief research on the "symptoms" I've found that one possible culprit could have been overheating. After having started checking temperatures it seemed I had nailed the problem. the PC froze again when the CPU approached 50° (122F). with a bit of attention, and removing the side of the case I managed to keep temperatures mostly below 40° (104F) for two days. The PC seemed to work fine with no more freezes. Then, two hours ago, when I had finally convinced myself that that's was the cause and it would all be solved by buying a more powerful fan, it happened again. the CPU was only around 35° (95F). I've tried restarting but the pc froze again while loading the desktop screen.Then it froze before it. Finally it simply refused to start.
With this, I've been left completely clueless about what the problem could be, and without my five-months old new and supposedly reliable PC.
I have another PC here at home but it is an old one, with only 30GB as the main HD, and worst of all, it has Ubuntu instead of Windows, which I'm not used to at all, worse, there is simply not enough space available to install anything but the most basic stuff. So I have to found an alternative, buying an all new PC again, after such short time is something I cannot afford at the moment. I'll still visiting the forum and commenting various drawings, but I'll be out from submitting new drawings for a while. I do not know for how much yet, at worst until mid/late July.

As a reassurance, all my Shipbucket drawings are safe and fine in my main external HD, with a backup copy lying in another one. so not a single pixel will be lost.

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Vacation Announcement ThreadPosted: April 14th, 2016, 11:28 pm
Since the computer is totally new, just a couple month old, it is under warranty. So take it to the store you bought it, it helps if you have paper on it, but in most cases stores have an code printed on to the computer, somewhere.

When I read how you explain what happening:
- I don't think the CPU is an problem (A CPU can run up to 80-90C, some computer turn off when they hit 95C)

Without seeing you'r computer this is my top three:
- Can be an RAM issue. (sometimes bad RAM can freeze a computer) (RAM are cheap)
- Motherboard can have problem (A motherboard that are being bend, will not work... I learned that the hard way) (motherboard is quit cheap)
- The CPU is damaged (that's the expensive one, depending on CPU-type)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 19 of 23  [ 226 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page « 117 18 19 20 2123 »

Jump to: