Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 2 of 6  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Tounushifan
Post subject: Re: Uneccessary CommentsPosted: July 27th, 2013, 5:48 pm
The P-47 is a great plane, but let's see how long that lasts against a single He-162 with wings swept forward and a V tail, which was actually planned.

And the 430 Member group, as many sites face including Shipbucket, is not purely active members. I won't let you in on the name, but it should be pretty easy to figure out where it is.

[Profile]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: Uneccessary CommentsPosted: July 27th, 2013, 7:27 pm
There was one instance of a Fw-190 that used up all of it´s ammo on one Thunderbolt without bringing the P-47 down.

[Profile]
Raxar
Post subject: Re: Uneccessary CommentsPosted: July 27th, 2013, 9:56 pm
Now compare the number of P-47's built to the number of He-162's built. See who's
Tounushifan wrote:
better equipped

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." ~Ludwig Wittgenstein

[Profile]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Uneccessary CommentsPosted: July 27th, 2013, 10:25 pm
Tounushifan wrote:
The P-47 is a great plane, but let's see how long that lasts against a single He-162 with wings swept forward and a V tail, which was actually planned.
And there is the core of the Napkinwaffe wank - take something that marginally worked give it imaginary performance boosts, and then throw it against what the Allies had much earlier.

The fact is given equal numbers of fighters, a P-80 force will outperform any of the German jets - simply because the P-80s will be able to be up in the air (because the engines don't have to be overhauled after a single-digit number of flight hours).

[Profile]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Uneccessary CommentsPosted: July 28th, 2013, 1:04 am
Tounushifan wrote:

And the 430 Member group, as many sites face including Shipbucket, is not purely active members. I won't let you in on the name, but it should be pretty easy to figure out where it is.
You at one point claimed that of the 430 members, 400 were active. I would like a link to this website as I don't believe it exists.

[Profile]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Uneccessary CommentsPosted: July 28th, 2013, 8:27 am
TimothyC wrote:
The fact is given equal numbers of fighters, a P-80 force will outperform any of the German jets - simply because the P-80s will be able to be up in the air (because the engines don't have to be overhauled after a single-digit number of flight hours).
Also worth pointing out that the P-80s and Meteors will be in the air purely for the fact the Allies have massive stocks of fuel. The He-162s, and their young very inexperienced pilots, on the other hand are likely to be sitting on the ground without serviceable engines or any fuel getting strafed and bombed at every opportunity and forced to operate from little stretches of road beside woods with no airfield equipment to service the aircraft. Let's not even mention the millions of Allied soldiers and thousands of tanks roaming around all over Germany.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile]
Tounushifan
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 5Posted: July 29th, 2013, 6:58 pm
I'll fix it. Thing is, my computer has been suffering the blue screens of death. This computer was bought new...a...while back. But it isn't any Windows 95.

I'll fix it if I can.

And also, can my planes please be featured in the Condensed thread?

[Profile]
Raxar
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 5Posted: July 29th, 2013, 10:16 pm
Tounushifan wrote:
And also, can my planes please be featured in the Condensed thread?
It has been stated multiple times that they will get there eventually.
We are not trying to keep you out, as you can see in that Rhade has done over 35 new drawings and they aren't there either.
--------------------------------
Other than the issue with the credits, your drawing is quite good. Perhaps you could do some other squadron markings. :)

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." ~Ludwig Wittgenstein

[Profile]
Tounushifan
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 5Posted: July 30th, 2013, 1:12 am
Sorry, I'm just used to getting things done. I just have these memories burnt and branded into my brain of a bright future with sunlight, and "It will get there sometime" not existing. There should be monthly updates. It's painful for me. It literally hurts to see this happening.

Back when my group was in the golden age, we had weekly updates, game reviews, movie reviews, recalling the past, a thread with 5000 replies, etc. It was a fricken club. There were even girls there. Now my group is a shadow, and exists somewhat. The fighting spirit of the group will never die, and was declared dead months ago, and people still post in it! I couldn't kill it myself, to move the group.

Now coming back to SB, this place is a palace. It's pristine. You have like 50 forums (Hehe) and 1000 members. That's marvelous. Congratulations. But if I, with 4 years of online 'leadership' experience, (this was with full, complete power. I wrote the rules and everything) I could serve as a minor mod here. I'm sure my best friend Colosseum would love that. But I will not ask for that, because the answer is of course, an absolute no.

So I will sit here, pumping blood in my veins and arteries to and from my heart, which was - and is - the group I came from before.

Oh, and also from my group came very large walls of text. Enjoy the past!

[Profile]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Uneccessary CommentsPosted: July 30th, 2013, 3:20 am
Be careful what you wish for!

All, please note that Tounushifan has received this PM from me, and has also received an email and a message to his Deviant Art account with the same contents. He is now a "Mini-Moderator" (safety orange user color), and will be tasked with organizing all the FD scale drawings since he is unhappy with how it's being handled on our end. Please note that this does not come with any privileges outside the FD scale forum, and understand that we will be watching him very closely during his time as a Mini-Mod. Any foolish behavior will be dealt with as strictly as possible.
Quote:
Subject: Uneccessary Comments

Hi Tounushifan,

Since you seem eager to help, I'm going to make you a deal. In short: you will get to organize and sort all the FD scale vehicles on this forum. You will be made a "Mini-Moderator" (complete with an orange title), and will have full moderator control over the content in the FD scale forum. Please note that your task will NOT be moderating (locking threads, warning users, etc) but rather extend only to organizing the FD scale drawings.

I have created four topics in the FD scale forum which you will need to edit and fill with the appropriate FD scale drawings. The drawings must be organized in a similar fashion to nighthunter's "FD Scale Aircraft (Condensed)" thread - that means each drawing will have a plain text label next to it (to make searching for drawings easy), and the first post in the thread must contain a hyperlink to each post in the thread (to make searching for a specific vehicle of a specific country as easy as possible). For now, just hyperlink them from their original location (no need to download and host them yourself). Again, see nighthunter's thread for an example of what we are looking for.

Here are links to the four threads you will need to work on:

FD Scale Military Aircraft (Consolidated) - for all FD scale military aircraft (all nations, time periods, etc)
FD Scale Civilian Aircraft (Consolidated) - for all FD scale civilian aircraft (all nations, time periods, etc)
FD Scale Armor (Consolidated) - for all FD scale armored vehicles (tanks, etc) (all nations, time periods, etc)
FD Scale Vehicles (Consolidated) - for all FD scale vehicles that are not armored (all nations, time periods, etc)

You have two days (48 hours) to accomplish this (since you reference working quickly and having instant results). If you fail to complete this assignment, you will be permanently banned. Please note that this is not an optional assignment; if, at the end of the 48 hour period, these threads are not filled out, you will be banned. In the interests of fairness, I will start the clock whenever I see a response saying "OK, I understand" from you. If I have not heard from you by 9:00am US CDT on July 30th (1400UTC 30 July), the clock will start on its own.

When you have completed your work, contact me via PM and I will evaluate it. If it does not pass my rigorous standards, you will be banned. If you leave out any of the FD drawings available on this forum, you will be banned.

I have sent copies of this message to your board-indicated email address as well as your Deviant Art account to ensure you see this notification. Please respond and include the phrase "OK, I understand".

Regards,
Ian
The Tounushifan Death Clock starts promptly at 1400Z tomorrow!

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 2 of 6  [ 51 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Jump to: