Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 3  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Kido Butai Lives Again!Posted: August 30th, 2015, 9:13 pm
if the japanese planned to make them fitted for F-35, they have the same margins as the USS America. any problems and solutions for them would thus also apply to the Izumo. the answer to you question will thus still be this:
Quote:
the only ones who can answer that question are the people who actually build the thing, because I doubt that information will be made public before they decide to actually put some F-35B on board.

[Profile] [Quote]
Demon Lord Razgriz
Post subject: Re: Kido Butai Lives Again!Posted: September 2nd, 2015, 5:04 am
There is one way to deal with heat issues without massive modifications, rolling take-offs & landings. The USMC just wants their VTOL landing. :p

Atlas V
Delta II/III
Project Constellation
Soyuz series

[Profile] [Quote]
Tobius
Post subject: Re: Kido Butai Lives Again!Posted: September 3rd, 2015, 5:16 am
acelanceloet wrote:
if the japanese planned to make them fitted for F-35, they have the same margins as the USS America. any problems and solutions for them would thus also apply to the Izumo. the answer to you question will thus still be this:
Quote:
the only ones who can answer that question are the people who actually build the thing, because I doubt that information will be made public before they decide to actually put some F-35B on board.
You know you can see video of F-35 test operations from the USS Wasp? Everything noted about the USS America in the article is plainly indicated in those Wasp tests right down to the flame scorch on the deck as unburdened Lightning II's land on their marked spots. You can see it on Youtube.

This is not hard to find out.

And the Japanese cannot handle or anticipate what they do not have in hand to op-eval. This too is not hard to discover. They are slated to obtain four in the near future, but they don't have them yet. That would be LockMart and CBO.

So the question remains; if the Americans, who have more than a dozen F-35Bs, have not quite figured it out yet, how can the Japanese?
Demon Lord Razgriz wrote:
There is one way to deal with heat issues without massive modifications, rolling take-offs & landings. The USMC just wants their VTOL landing. :p

The take off and landing regime for an LHD is nothing like a standard CATOBAR carrier. The 'landing' is a form of aerial ballet/docking where the F-35 comes alongside port of the flightdeck, sidles sideways in the hover and drops onto its marked spot once it positions itself, in a fashion not unlike a helicopter would. Traps are not likely with a cluttered LHD deck. I refer you to the USS Wasp tests and current Marine Harrier operations as the examples.

QED.

[Profile] [Quote]
zagoreni010
Post subject: Re: Kido Butai Lives Again!Posted: March 21st, 2016, 2:59 pm
I really wouldnt be suprised if Japanese in couple of years announce construction of the new so called "helicopter carrier" that is even bigger then Izumo, hehe that would be nice:):)

and whats with Iwate, why Chinese dont like that name?

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Kido Butai Lives Again!Posted: March 21st, 2016, 11:04 pm
Izumo and Iwate were ships that served as flagships in China during the Second Sino-Japanese War of 1937-45. I imagine anything that has to do with that war is still a touchy subject for China.

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
zagoreni010
Post subject: Re: Kido Butai Lives Again!Posted: March 22nd, 2016, 9:00 am
emperor_andreas wrote:
Izumo and Iwate were ships that served as flagships in China during the Second Sino-Japanese War of 1937-45. I imagine anything that has to do with that war is still a touchy subject for China.
Of course its touchy, when Japan did invade China, however i dont think that name and ship are to blame for it, it is those who operates them.
But as i say it would be nice to either have brand new "bigger" class then Izumo, or third Izumo, but with how things are going and how rapidly china building its fleet Japan will most definitly increase its fleet.

By the way Chinese already have new destroyer Type 055, although from what i saw that ship is more cruiser then destroyer,

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Kido Butai Lives Again!Posted: March 22nd, 2016, 2:57 pm
Everything is an Destroyer... Zumwalt... big as an cruiser, DDH that look more like an Mini-CV.... what next submarine called submerged destroyer

[Profile] [Quote]
zagoreni010
Post subject: Re: Kido Butai Lives Again!Posted: March 22nd, 2016, 5:08 pm
heuhen wrote:
Everything is an Destroyer... Zumwalt... big as an cruiser, DDH that look more like an Mini-CV.... what next submarine called submerged destroyer

well destroyer become international name for any ship larger from 100m and smaller then 200m, however the upcoming Chinese type 055 is definitly a cruiser, heck US Ticonderoga class is smaller then Type 055, and japanese "Helicopter Carrier" is most definitly not a destroyer, as you say it is mini CV, camuflaged to work as something that isnt, it would be nice to see F-35s launch from Hyuga and Izumo,

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Kido Butai Lives Again!Posted: March 22nd, 2016, 6:12 pm
so any ship larger than a 100 meter... okay from now on the Norwegian Fridtjof Nansen class frigates is called destroyer, just so we can say to Sweden: "we have destroyers.... what do you have!?!"

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Kido Butai Lives Again!Posted: March 22nd, 2016, 7:26 pm
most modern frigates are actually build to what was originally called destroyer standards, so basically, yes heuhen.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 3  [ 22 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page « 1 2 3 »

Jump to: