Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 3  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 »
wkstl
Post subject: Congratulation on Launching of Chinese Type 001A Aircraft CarrierPosted: April 26th, 2017, 2:38 am
China launched her second (first domestically-built) aircraft carrier in Dalian shipyard of CSIC in Liaoning Province on 26th April

China's first domestically-built aircraft carrier Type 001A has been launched successfully at the Northeastern Chinese port of Dalian at 9:20 am on 26th April morning. Six tugboats are now pulling the carrier out from the shipyard. the leaders of Chinese People's Liberation Army and CSIC attended the ceremony.

China's first aircraft carrier, the Liaoning(ex-Varyag), was purchased from Ukraine and refitted at the same shipyard. Construction of the second, developed using Chinese technology, began in 2013.

Sunday was the 68th anniversary of the founding of the People's Liberation Army Navy. Some military enthusiasts thought the carrier would be launched during the anniversary, and came to Dalian to witness the ceremony. It didn't happen as they had expected, because of inappropriateness of tide.
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Same like Liaoning, the Type 001 aircraft carrier has similar size, also has ski-jump deck, but compared with Liaoning, Type 001A has be redesigned structures of island, deck and hangar to optimalize efficiency of the Carrier-based Wing.

SB is here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7528

[Profile] [Quote]
HyperHiggsHelix
Post subject: Re: Congratulation on Launching of Chinese Type 001A Aircraft CarrierPosted: April 26th, 2017, 2:52 am
Quite the celebration.
Also, what's the state of the Ukrainian one? I read something about it a long time ago.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Congratulation on Launching of Chinese Type 001A Aircraft CarrierPosted: April 26th, 2017, 6:37 am
Weird that there's no crowds despite the fanfare

Also I'm dubious about the notion of being developed solely by Chinese technology, fair amount of Russian and British technology has found it's way into this.

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
wkstl
Post subject: Re: Congratulation on Launching of Chinese Type 001A Aircraft CarrierPosted: April 26th, 2017, 12:38 pm
Rodondo wrote: *

Also I'm dubious about the notion of being developed solely by Chinese technology, fair amount of Russian and British technology has found it's way into this.
If this is your opinion, I think there is no room talking with you anymore, 88.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Congratulation on Launching of Chinese Type 001A Aircraft CarrierPosted: April 26th, 2017, 1:30 pm
wkstl wrote: *
Rodondo wrote: *

If this is your opinion, I think there is no room talking with you anymore, 88.
Not sure it's opinion when it's admitted fact by officials

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Congratulation on Launching of Chinese Type 001A Aircraft CarrierPosted: April 26th, 2017, 4:54 pm
Please do not start political arguments in these threads - this is a forum for discussing ship drawings and ship developments. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Shigure
Post subject: Re: Congratulation on Launching of Chinese Type 001A Aircraft CarrierPosted: April 26th, 2017, 6:31 pm
Not gonna lie, that is one ugly looking carrier

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Congratulation on Launching of Chinese Type 001A Aircraft CarrierPosted: April 26th, 2017, 6:51 pm
Congratulations to china.

anyways, this is offtopic forum materila

[Profile] [Quote]
RegiaMarina1939
Post subject: Re: Congratulation on Launching of Chinese Type 001A Aircraft CarrierPosted: April 27th, 2017, 1:12 am
Due to my personal views I shall abstain from this conversation except for this:

This is certainly an interesting development!

RegiaMarina1939

[Profile] [Quote]
Tobius
Post subject: Re: Congratulation on Launching of Chinese Type 001A Aircraft CarrierPosted: April 27th, 2017, 2:00 am
On the merits of the ship? The hull form looks quite correct. The island is rather large and bulky for the purpose for which it serves. The radars installations appear planned to be RUSSIAN, the same type as used for acquisition and tracking for the S-400 family of SAM systems, which the Chinese also use for their best land based SAMs.

On the plus side, the flight deck looks well thought out with takeoff runs much better laid out than the Kuznetsov. Lifts and hangers are question marks.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 3  [ 26 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page 1 2 3 »

Jump to: