Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 
tomalakis
Post subject: What-if refits for the german dreadnoughtsPosted: November 1st, 2017, 9:30 am
Hi,

You all probably know World of Warships on-line game. I would like to discuss this controversial issue this game introduced - what-if refits for german dreadnoughts: Kaiser, König and Bayern. There are lot of voices saying that these are not aesthetical, plausible or that they even contain some obvious errors (like additional rangefiders completelly blocking view from navigation bridge, etc...). You can examine the models for free here: https://gamemodels3d.com/games/worldofw ... es/germany (dont forget that A and B hulls differs)

I would like to know your opinion on these models and the topic overall, and what would be your take on these refits - how do you think they would look if they would be refitted? Or if you ever made your own what-if refits for these ships, would you share them?

Thanks guys.

Last edited by tomalakis on November 2nd, 2017, 10:52 am, edited 3 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Shigure
Post subject: Re: What-if refits for the german dreadnoughtsPosted: November 1st, 2017, 10:32 am
Wargaming is slowly losing it's credibility for their models on my opinion. They refuse to even model these newer ships as built and instead go for completely fictional refits.

For instance one thing I noticed immediately with the Iron Duke model was the fact that it had a single funnel, while historically Iron Duke had two.

So all in all i have severe doubts as to whether these German dreadnought refits are plausible or not.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: What-if refits for the german dreadnoughtsPosted: November 1st, 2017, 2:38 pm
I quite like the German BB refits in the game. They seem mostly realistic and pretty well done, but then again I'm not an expert on German ships. I certainly wouldn't trust the discussion on the WOWS forum or subreddit as a place for insightful commentary on ship models, though... just something to think about.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: What-if refits for the german dreadnoughtsPosted: November 1st, 2017, 2:57 pm
The placement of those rangefinders finders are totally okay, and quit normal. There are ships that was build in the real life, that do it worse... Placing a gun or a director, right in front of the bridge.

That Iron Duke, have only 1 funnel. Is also okay. Wargaming went for a what if version: If Iron Duke was upgraded like the QE-class (warspite, for example) her twin funnel would be rebuild in to a single bud larger funnel. And that model wargaming have of Iron Duke, have 1 large funnel, instead of two small funnel. Brits did that, to save on deck space.

Wargaming have also said that when they do these ships. To keep them in competition with other ship, they model them with the variuse upgrades and what if upgrades. If you wanted them to be super realistic... Then play another game.

[Profile] [Quote]
tomalakis
Post subject: Re: What-if refits for the german dreadnoughtsPosted: November 1st, 2017, 6:36 pm
heuhen wrote: *
The placement of those rangefinders finders are totally okay, and quit normal. There are ships that was build in the real life, that do it worse... Placing a gun or a director, right in front of the bridge.
Can you be specific? Because I cant recall anything similar.
If you wanted them to be super realistic... Then play another game.
I wasn't about to discuss the game here but just its take on those refits...but thanks for the suggestion ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: What-if refits for the german dreadnoughtsPosted: November 18th, 2017, 6:38 am
If you wanted them to be super realistic... Then play another game.
I'm about to start doing just that...my win ratio's less than 30% on there, and I'm sick of it. Not that I went into this expecting to win every time, but at least more than twice every ten battles. I'm starting to think that those who believe it's 'pay-to-win' are right. And don't get me started on the game's matchmaker...if that was an actual person, I'd take great pleasure in smashing their fun parts with a sledgehammer.

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic”

Jump to: