Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 
iiradned
Post subject: Venezuela Navy Patrol Ship ANBV NAIGUATA (GCG-23) sunkPosted: April 6th, 2020, 4:03 am
Last week the Portuguese-flagged RCGS Resolute (with only crew aboard) a small cruise ship specially reinforced for cruising in Arctic/Antarctic waters stopped in international waters off the Venezuelan island of La Tortuga to conduct some repairs on her engines. She was then approached by ANBV NAIGUATA whose captain queried the cruise ship its intentions and ordered it follow into a Venezuelan port.

The Resolute's master got in touch with the head office in Hamburg for instructions, while this was happening the Naiguata fired warning shots. While still waiting from the head office, the Resolute was then rammed by the Naiguata by the bow, this action immediately resulted in catastrophic damage the Naiguata which resulted in it sinking.

Sources:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-52151951

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/03/amer ... index.html

https://www.dw.com/en/venezuelan-navy-b ... a-53002237

[Profile]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Venezuela Navy Patrol Ship ANBV NAIGUATA (GCG-23) sunkPosted: April 6th, 2020, 12:02 pm
I'm not going to talk politics!

This is all on the Venezuela Navy, they ignored everything in the book...

And why should they even approche a cruise ship in the first place, they was just fixing there engines? So long you don't have proper evidence, you should just put it under surveillance. but then I am not surprised, Venezuela have never surprised me, when it comes to diplomatic skills.

[Profile]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: Venezuela Navy Patrol Ship ANBV NAIGUATA (GCG-23) sunkPosted: April 6th, 2020, 12:33 pm
heuhen wrote: *

And why should they even approche a cruise ship in the first place, they was just fixing there engines? So long you don't have proper evidence, you should just put it under surveillance. but then I am not surprised, Venezuela have never surprised me, when it comes to diplomatic skills.
One of the articles mentioned they suspected the ship of carrying mercenaries planning to attack military targets across Venezuela.

[Profile]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Venezuela Navy Patrol Ship ANBV NAIGUATA (GCG-23) sunkPosted: April 6th, 2020, 1:59 pm
Karle94 wrote: *
heuhen wrote: *

One of the articles mentioned they suspected the ship of carrying mercenaries planning to attack military targets across Venezuela.
[u]suggested[/u] the Resolute [u]may have[/u] been carrying mercenary
suspecting isn't enough to justify attacking a cruise ship. If you really believe that there is mercenaries onboard, you would send a small coast guard vessel for that.... you would send a coast guard vessel, supported by a bigger Naval assets, where both would be visual for all partners.

And if you want to force a ship in to harbor... raming is not the way.

the funny thing is that Venezuela minister of state said:
Quote:
claiming that the cruise ship was trying to hijack a fully-armed warship
!!!!!!!

[Profile]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Venezuela Navy Patrol Ship ANBV NAIGUATA (GCG-23) sunkPosted: April 6th, 2020, 2:29 pm
In doubt... RAMMING SPEED!

[Profile]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Venezuela Navy Patrol Ship ANBV NAIGUATA (GCG-23) sunkPosted: April 6th, 2020, 4:14 pm
Thread closed - this is not a forum for discussion of politicized/controversial topics. Back to the drawings please. ;)

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic”

Jump to: