Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ] 
Dave Wetterstroem
Post subject: HowdyPosted: April 12th, 2017, 2:36 am
Hi there, I am Dave and I will be the first to admit that I am a bit out of my element when it comes to ships.

I own a business that makes laser cut clocks that mostly feature aircraft. I have a customer that requested for me to create a clock with the USS Hornet CVS-12 on it. I am fairly decent at creating or adapting drawings in Corel Draw. I normally purchase drawings and then rework them to my needs but often have to start from scratch and only use photographs.

This is where this project has been giving me trouble, first just the scale of trying to draw a carrier is daunting but then trying to figure out the different configurations and modifications over the years makes me want to pull my hair out. Then there is finding something that looks like promising reference only to discover that it is grossly inaccurate.

So I guess what I am asking for is some help in pointing me in the right direction for this project. My thought is to have the ship around 22" long with a 10" diameter clock ring and have the island inside of the ring.

Thanks, Dave

This is my most recent design that was requested for a gift for several USAF officers.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: HowdyPosted: May 20th, 2017, 6:03 pm
Hello, welcome aboard. Your Reaper is awesome!

German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]  Return to “Introductions”

Jump to: