Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ] 
Pyeknu
Post subject: Hey, Everyone!Posted: January 22nd, 2019, 9:11 pm
I've been a fan of Shipbucket for years now, but don't have much in the way of a computer system to attempt to do the insanely great artwork that's been displayed here. I was somewhat good in hand-drawing ship designs, but this was back in the 1980s and 1990s when I was a lot younger and not suffering from things like potential arthritis, diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol.

Introducing myself, I'm a semi-retired customer service representative from the Niagara region of Ontario who does think himself as a Canadian nationalist...and yes, in my eyes, Canada DOES include Québec! After graduating from high school in the mid-1980s, I served in the Canadian Armed Forces for six years, seeing the end of the Cold War as an administration clerk, serving aboard destroyer HMCS Saguenay (DDH-206) for two years, then a year at the Canadian Land Forces Command and Staff College (Kingston ON) before ending my service in 1991 with the 1st Canadian Signal Regiment (also in Kingston).

After attending Brock University to get my BA in history, I went to South Korea from 1996-2005, teaching English as a foreign language at private schools in Sŏul, Kwang'yang (Chŏllanam-do), Kyŏngju (Kyŏngsangpuk-to) and Chinhae (Kyŏngsangnam-do). During this time, I developed type II diabetes, which made me start the process of amputating parts of my feet and forcing me back to Canada.

Once I was able to get a job in my hometown of Welland, I worked as a CSR until the site switched to a more sales-driven format, which wound up forcing me on medical leave due to anxiety, stress and depression; never mind that my issues with diabetes cost me my right lower leg and foot in 2013. Since the site began losing MANY people due to a lack of serious adjustment to the new sales drive our client wanted us to do, it closed down at the end of last year, costing me my job.

These days, I'm living at an assisted living facility in Port Colborne on the shores of Lake Erie.

My interests include writing, reading, anime/manga, listening to music and walking (whenever the weather is good and I have the energy). I also am trying to collect ball-joined dolls; I've always been fascinated by them,

Design wise, I've long had the secret fantasy of seeing Canada develop its own force of capital warships; over the years, that's evolved into a storyline where the magicals of the Dominion (a mixed world influenced by Harry Potter, Negima and other fantasy series) would build monster-hunting battleships that would track down soul-sucking sea leviathans (think Dementors writ VERY large) that would be attracted to the mass slaughter on the seas during the World Wars (this is also somewhat influenced by Kantai Collection and video games of that nature). I would be happy to draw such, though again, medical and computer issues do restrict me.

Glad to be on the board finally! Fair winds and following seas to everyone!

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Hey, Everyone!Posted: January 22nd, 2019, 9:43 pm
Hello! Welcome to the Shipbucket. :)
Hopefully some day the circumstances will permit You to join not only as a "viewer" but also as an author.
Wish You all the best.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Hey, Everyone!Posted: January 22nd, 2019, 10:10 pm
Welcome. Look forward to seeing some drawings eventually :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]  Return to “Introductions”

Jump to: